Join now - be part of our community!

XPERIA Z1 SCREEN NOT TURNING ON DESPITE REPLACEMENT

catochwoman
Visitor

XPERIA Z1 SCREEN NOT TURNING ON DESPITE REPLACEMENT

Hi everybody, 

I post this because I have a problem with my xperia z: a few months ago I broke the screen a first time,
I had replaced it successfully and everything was fine. Except that some time afterwards, following
an "unlucky gesture", the screen was broken again.
I was then loaned another phone and I put the xperia aside for a while;
I finally ordered a new screen and I started the second repair this weekend and there surpriiise:
this time the reparir failed :?
So the phone does vibrate when switched on (the vibration being the only concrete proof that
I have it's still working because the red LED on the front does not turn on anymore), it loads when plugged
(No more vibrating then after having re-loaded it vibrated again) and finally I can access the files
via a PC ... So, I wanted to know what would be the solution to my problem
(except to no longer attempting to create the Olympic category of -phone launching-, that I understood ^^):
1) Try a new repair with another screen (I would tend to do that but the red LED dysfunction makes me back off from this solution,
maybe the motherboard has taken a bit of strain ... but if the motherboard was out, I would no longer have access to the data, nor the phone would turn on right?)
2) Change the motherboard (see above) 3) Bring it to a pro for diagnosis or 4) Drop the whole repair thing and get another one? : Arrow:

Thanks in advance for the help you can bring me: D

1 REPLY 1
CameronT
Champion

Hi @catochwoman, I am sorry to hear about this Slightly_frowning_Face

Based on the information you have provided the best advice I can provide is to contact your Local support team and arrange to have an official repair.

Good luck!