Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
Javyer
Visitor

Yes, without the SIM it keeps crashing
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
Javyer
Visitor

I tried but the problem is that the phone doesn't respond. I can only force it to restart, but I can't keep it turned off
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

How about power button+vol up until the phone vibrates 3 times?If this does not work to turn it off,you should visit a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

alexdon
Javyer
Visitor

It didn't work, so I took it to movistar, the mobile phone operator and they gave it back to me an hour later. Now it doesn't turn on and they offered me a LG L7 as a replacement for the phone because they don't have any ZL in stock.

I really want to murder someone.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I am sorry,but hopefully they will get it fixed.

alexdon
Jayfizzy
Visitor

Albums and movies apps have crashed, i get this message "unfortunately album has stopped". Just yestday, my bbm has joined the trend, all i get now is "unfortunately bbm has stopped"...i uninstalled, reinstalled, no difference...This is frustrating...please help!!

Joyson
Visitor

Upgraded my Xperia ZR from 4.2 to 4.3 (10.4.1.B.0.101). I am facing an issue with the sound. When I use earphones everything works perfectly well, but the sound doesn't work without the earphones. However when there is an incoming call the sound plays on the speaker. So clearly its not a hardware issue as i'd initially thought.  From what i have read in the other forums people are suggesting to update via sony update service but that asks to factory reset the phone and sometimes even that has not solved the issue. Another suggestion was to downgrade to 4.2. Both these tasks are cumbersone.  Sony should just release an update as this is a software bug. Is there anyway where to fix the issue without doing a factory reset or wiping all my data?

rabidherbivore
Visitor

Since 4.3 update I'm experiencing severe time lags using apps and in the general responsiveness of the phone. Also won't come out of sleep mode.

AKR
Visitor

Me Too, since I updated my experia M the blue tooth cuts out continuously.  My phone only works in one area of our house for reception so I use an xdect handset for all my calls and this is now void and useless.  We dont have a phone line as we are remote and this has caused no end of problems.  PLEASE tell me how you cAN FIX THIS.  Wish I had ignored the update request grrrrr