Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
KevinRudloff
Visitor

I must say that the 4.3 update is HORRIBLE. The theme that the phone had before 4.3 update was ok. That white colour in the settings menu is ugly. The dialer was ok too, but Sony had to change it too. The Contacts app is also ugly: Before it showed the contact image bigger than now. Now it shows the contact image in a square. I don't know the real reason why Sony insists on making graphic changes that are worse in every version.

maniaco
Visitor

Wi-Fi connection problems, when using all networks: home, work even using wireless display aka mirroring. Also having trouble with the cellular signal: showing no signal at all and no signal and no SIM card at notification bar. Had to restart, reboot at least 5 times in the last 24 hours and just about to do it again.
Robw
Visitor

Im having almost the same problem with bluetooth audio streaming since 4.3 update.
Since then i have the song name ont the display of my car but every time it switches a song it wil stutter for a few settings.
Got a 2012 Renault Megane with Bose audio.
Also the sound of my telephone calls are often "robotic" simve then.
indra18
Visitor

Hi Guys,

CAMERA ISSUE RESOLVED…………..

For people who are facing issues with sony xperia Z, ZL and ZR camera after 4.3 update. Like, low quality images, noise in the image and taking long to capture etc. Here is the solution, just download sony update service (SUS) application to you windows machine and update or repair with it. Make sure to backup all your data on the internal storage(contact, sms, call log, apps etc.). Even though it won’t affect the data on the SD card, it’s still a good idea to take your SD card out of the phone. 

My experience: when I bought my phone 6 months back it came with 4.1.2. Camera is not up to mark, noticed little noise in the images especially in low light. I updated to 4.2.2, this time camera was little bit improved.  Later I updated to 4.3, this time camera was horrible. Can’t even take decent pic’s in bright daylight . so much of noise in images. Coming to low light pic’s, no need to tell they are awful. Every time I updated using sony PC companion. It not clearing the cache and creating more issue. Recently I repaired my  xperia ZL using SUS. Everything is working cool now, except few bugs still exist like app un-install screen test cutoff and black screen after call end. Camera is taking pretty good pics now, compared to the previous update i.e. when updated to 4.3 using PC companion.

JesusQ
Visitor

Hello i have the same issue after update 4.3 S.O

in my opinion i think sony support should let us do downgrade to the previous version until the failure to solve the new version

CP_Chong54
Visitor

Hi guys, it's being one month now since the Febuary update was released, I still unable to download the update.

When I connected my Xperia ZR to my PC, the SUS always says that my phone is up to date, is there anybody also facing the same issue?

endie87
Visitor

me too..but i just download the latest firmware ftf file & flash it 

immifraax
Visitor

wait for update for your country / carriar

AmirSelim
Visitor

I've the same problem. Kindly if you found a solution tell me.

petenj
Visitor

You can downgrade a stock Sony ROM using FlashTool and you do not have to unlock your bootloader if you are flashing a Sony ROM. You should wipe your device before hand, DATA, CACHE. Basically a factory reset. You don't have to wipe internal SD, but I recommend in case of some app incompatibility.

Flashtool.net

If you choose to go to a custom ROM, e.g. Cyanogenmod or AOKP, etc. you will need to unlock bootloader. I like the Sony ROM, theming, some apps. However, I now prefer a community-based ROM and more pure Google. As I posted on another thread, for the Xperia ZL C6506, they don't even have a 4.3 upgrade now. It was removed.

All ROMs will have bugs. It's just a matter of how much control you have about it. Vendors and Carriers are sometimes slow to provide uprades and fixes. Community based ROMs are upgraded very frequently. Sometimes as little as every few days.

AOKP ODIN (ZL) Update Listing