Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
mcarrer
Visitor

Hello everyone. 

For those who are getting problems with BT and WiFi (mainly with SW2).

Yesterday I update again to the fresh new firmware from february / 2014.

10.4.1.B.0.101

I installed this update and got no more problems with my SW2....

sonymobile.com/global-en/software/phones/xperia-zl/

I Have the Brazilian Version of ZL (in case it's ZQ). 

This is the only change I could see.

So, all of you that are having problems with android 4.3 from december, please, try updating to the february version. 

I only could update using PC companion. 

There was no OTA updates. 

JQ
Visitor

Hello 

first please forgive my weak language 

after the update album, movies and track Id are not working ! 

I tried to update the phone again using the Pc Companion and still have the same problem 

I always get the same message "unfortunately album has stopped" 

any solution for this problem ? 

y214ped
Visitor

My xperia Z loses wifi and sometimes data when bluetooth connection is used for my smartwatch2, £550 in total, this is poor
I use sony for everything, PS4, TV, watch, phone.
Getting a bit fed up of poor customer service and a big lack of care.
sina61
Visitor

Me too. My xperia z in asia regon ,ofter update to 4.3 ,phone stop working,freezing and need to reset much time in a day, Especially when I go to the gallery phone.... I am disappoint of this update. Plz make it. SONY,You were unlikely!
KenyanSonyFan
Visitor

I'm on Xperia Z 6603 and running Android 4.3 Build Number 10.4.1.B.0.101. I have noticed that when I'm on Message it takes long to load the compose page and opening received messages too. The dialer is also slow to search for names. Anyone with the same problem? Any solutions?
B_L
Visitor

The 4.3 update is horrible. Why did you throw away the nice black background? It's common sense to give us the option to keep the old one instead of just wiping it away. The new alarm clock is horrible too.

I also can't read the previous messages anymore while i'm typing a reply. Another feature that was taken away without any thoughts put into it. 

Also when you exit the message menu quickly while it is still sending a message, the  menu freezes when you open it again and becomes unusable!

This update was a total disaster for me.

CP_Chong54
Visitor

Saw the Febuary software update week ago, but still won't allow my Xperia ZR to download the update, it seems that this update still not available for Malaysia at the moment...

daffy_b
Visitor

Here I am another 2 weeks since my last update.

Summary from my previous posts:-

My Xperia Z1 and My wife's Xperia Z were updated to Android 4.3 on January 10th, and then BOTH completely stopped working (could not call or text or access apps, photos, music, sounds - the phones simply locked up.) I tried to do the PC companion re-install - but did not fix the problem.

I Returned both phones to SONY (still under warranty) to get then repaired, and all Sony did was another software re-install of Android 4.3 (they did not re-test the handsets).

I got phones back and they still were not working.

I then returned BOTH phones to the 2 different stores that I bought them from and asked them to REPAIR OR REPLACE the handsets. 

Both these stores returned the phones to their own service centres for repair.

BOTH THE STORES WERE UNABLE TO REPAIR THE PHONES DUE TO THE SAME BUGS I FOUND.

So the result was that both the stores that I bought the phones from REPLACED my phones with NEW handsets.

Both the new handsets are still on Android 4.2.2   - AND THEY ARE STAYING LIKE THAT.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN SONY - this has been a month of complete problems and stress - and their Customer support does not help you.

Dicky
Visitor

It seems fixed the Wi-Fi 802.11N compatibility issue after update and a manual restart of my Hong Kong Version Xperia Z C6603 10.4.1.B.0.101, at least it will not disconnect within 2 minutes.

After 1 day of testing, it seems still have issue.

lisy
Visitor

Ever since the update i have loss of service periodically through out the day, please fix this! camera shuts off when im using it, goes back to home screen. i am missing a lot of important phone calls and texts please please fix this soon!