Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
tintin-germany
Visitor

Task Killer: yes, the "advanced task killer"

Bat.saver: only stamina

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Disable any task killers,see how the phone is.

alexdon
tintin-germany
Visitor

OK, many thanks for the tip, i disabled the stamina mode and uninstalled the appkiller, we will see, i give a feedback tomorrow.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Stamina mode is ok,3rd party apps come with trouble.

alexdon
tintin-germany
Visitor

I started in the secure mode, and there was no difference to the normal mode, so i suppose, that it is no 3rd Party app, that courses the trouble...

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It seems like you should take into service.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

alexdon
tintin-germany
Visitor

Screenshot_2014-01-21-22-07-49.png

tintin-germany
Visitor

Hi, 

the picture on my previous post was the energy-statistic yesterday, when the up and down cycle started again after one week of happyness. The following things are suspect to me (this morning):

- the phone is warm and consumed 20% of batt. in 1 hour!

- the main consumers are Google Services (DE: Dienste), and Media (DE: Medien)

Yesterday, i was not able to switch Stamina Mode off, when i switched the button to off, left the page and returned to it, the button was switched on again. Today i was able to switch off ?!

I suppose, it's the Stamina Mode...

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Force restart the phone(power button+vol up until the phone vibrates).See how it does after.
alexdon
profile.country.fi_FI.title
Arctictiger
New

Update 4.3 truly is a disaster.

At first, things on my Xperia Z seemed to operate normally for some days.

Then gradually crashes / unresponsive apps started occurring. 

Even with a domino effect: app crashes, and upon closing it, Android informs me that the launcher, Xperia Home, has stopped responding. Nice. Slightly_frowning_Face

But it gets worse. Camera goes unresponsive and even access to SD card becomes unstable. At one point I was unable to access my music files on the SD.  I suspected a virus infection at this point, so installed and scanned with 3 of the most popular antivirus suites but found nothing. 

I then decided to perform a repair operation (4.3 re-installation) with PC companion. To my amazement I was actually able to perform this successfully, even though other functions of PC companion failed, for instance Backup/Restore was a no-go.

I was also pleasantly surprised that 4.3 has app auto-downloading, so the clean installation started receiving all my missing apps from Google Play one-by-one. But then, once I started using the phone and apps again, things went downhill again. Freezes, crashes, the same crap. I started seriously suspecting a hardware issue at this point. Then I checked into this forum finding this thread and many of the same problems reported.

Final solution for me: Downgraded back to 4.2.2. All problems gone.