Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
sossa_a4
Visitor

Here also the android mediaserver is eating battery a lot, almost as much as the screen, batterylife plunged after 4.3 update Slightly_frowning_Face
sossa_a4
Visitor

Edit to above: the device is a Sony xperia c6603
NickH
Visitor

Finally got an answer from Sony regarding Z and Sw2 wifI connection...
Dear Nick,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

In regards to your handsets connectivity issues betweent the Smart Watch 2 and Sony Xperia Z handset, I can advise that this is now a known issue after the Android 4.3 update. I can advise that this issue is going to be addressed in the next available software patch for the handset, as this is not an issue with the watch itself.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and hope this information is helpful
mikeslater
Visitor

Actually I didn't... So basically if you've got an issue with the 4.3 update it's pretty pointless putting it on this forum because Sony don't bother reading the forum for there devices!!!!
cms
Visitor

I have 5 identical Chinese Keyboard input options that I cannot turn off.  I have one Japanese option that I can turn off, why so many Chinese options that I can't turn off?

WiFi has problems staying connected.  I found that if I reboot the phone it fixes the problem temporarily.  Frustratingly, I have to reboot the phone up to six or seven times a day and I seem to only find out the phone is having this problem when I am pressed for time and need the WiFi to work immediately.  As you know, rebooting the phone is not a speedy process.

Since update, Google Chrome app frequently starts as a blank black screen and I have to close and restart app several times to get to a normal startup screen.  What's also weird is if I touch the blank screen the program is still apparently working because when I finally get the app to display properly, links located at the locations where I touched the blank screen have been followed.

minor complaint: why are the menu colors all white now?  What happened to the black color theme?

xperiafan5
Visitor

Power button sometimes doesn't respond after the 4.3 update...mostly happens when i plug my ear phones...any solutions?? Plz
PawelA
Visitor

Hi,

After upgrading my Xperia Z with the Android 4.3 (v 10.4.B.0.569) the synchronization of my outlook and gmail stopped to work. I've checked with my GSM Provider (T-Mobile) and they know this issue from other customers and said that this is the new Android version bug and it must be fixed by Sony. Is there any solution of this issue already?

Thanks,

Pawel

tintin-germany
Visitor

Hi to all,

i made a factory reset and the Phone worked for app. 1 Week absolut perfectly.

Today, without a reason, the startet again with the freeze / reboot cyle. I have no f****** idea, what i shoud do.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Very strange,do you have any task killers or battery savers?

alexdon
elwyn5150
Visitor

Follow up post:

Last week, I took my Xperia Z to the repair business authorized by Sony. It had to take the morning off because it is nowhere near the city. On inspection, they said that there had been water damage which they worked out by the change of colour of the white tab inside the micro-USB port - a few months ago, the seal had been damaged but I had never dipped it in water.

After 4 days, they had replaced the printed circuit board. The parts listed as being replaced are:

• Foil adhesive back panel
  • Sheet battery FPC
  • Foil adhesive dpib;e b;acl
  • C6603 Copper sheet McamB
  • Cap audio jack Assy R black
  • Cap USB Assy R Black

They couriered the phone back. It seemed to work okay for awhile then it still has most of the same problems:

• Walkman crashes
  • Various apps crash but at random times
  • USB to PC still doesn't work
  • AirDroid still doesn't work

I'm going to call Sony Centre again tomorrow.