Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
SimonW1
Visitor

Just to add my comments elsewhere in a more appropriate location:

This refers to a UK Xperia Z, Orange / EE network. Recent update to 4.3. 

I noted: 

1. Immediate and sustained drop in standby time. Phone cannot even last a 9 - 5 day, mostly on standby, whereas before I could practically get 24hrs between charges in normal use. Battery usage app indicates that 70% percent of the power is being used by Android, whereas before it was always the display that was using most power, by far. 

2. Constantly losing 3G. This latter one is a nuisance as it seems that the only way to get mobile data again is to restart the phone. 

AliMohssen
Visitor

Hi

Last week I bought xperia ZL but I found many problem with it like:

1- the headphone set very low level soubd due to the set it self(is it normal???)

2-the supplied charger charge the phone very very slowly compared to any other brand with same phonr?

3- the WI FI  turn on some time when i open the phone 

4 this is my big problem the pc companion on my laptop hp dv6 with window 7 can not communicate with the phone throught the BLUETOOTH 

Have any one face these problems and how to sove them ?

thanks

Ali M. Jassem

CP_Chong54
Visitor

I have updated (v4.1.2 to v4.3) my Xperia ZR 2 weeks ago,

1. The battery drains faster than before, compared to Android v4.1.2

2. The back side of the phone will heat up in a short time during normal use, especially when taking photos.

3. Uses RAM more than Android v4.1.2 when idle.

Above are the problems I have been facing so far.

ianohin
Visitor

I have a wifi/bluetooth/sw2 issue. Should we wait for update/fix, or it would be better to downgrade to 4.2 ?

zairlon
Visitor

Sobre el wifi dice estar conectado hasta sale el icono de la señal pero al navegar u hacer otras cosas me dice los navegadores que sin conexión arreglen esto es muy molesto que un buen smatphone como el Xperia Z 6603 empiece con esto
ghilby
Visitor

It's been a few days since it started. Sometimes when I answer a call, it directly activates the speaker , so it is almost impossible for me to answer in public places.
 ZL c6503 4.3

AlexR
Visitor

@ianohin same problem here , still no responce from sony though. 

dont know if you have posted here also

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/wifi-problem-after-4-3-update-on-xperia-z/td-p/490591

Clint
Visitor

With regards to posts #87/#89/#151/#152/#155 - people who have upgraded to 4.3 and now experience problems with the power button not activating the phone.  I have the same problem.  After upgrading from 4.2.2 to 4.3 it seemed to work okay but then I encountered the power button issue.  Pressing the power button would not activate the phone.  Neither would the camera button.  The only solution was to plug it into the AC adaptor or pull the battery and restart it.  It seemed to work okay after pulling the battery but then a few days later I got the unresponsive power button again.  Perhaps if certain apps are running in the background the phone (power button) is more responsive?

Anyways, I did a phone repair using the PC Companion and have "stock" 4.3.  Now I can reproduce the problem all the time ;(  That is, after the phone goes to sleep the power button does not reactivate the phone.  I have to either plug it into the AC charger or pull the battery.

While reconfiguring my phone I activated STAMINA mode - what I normally use all the time.  Immediately I get the unresponsive power button ;(  Deactivating STAMINA mode and the power button becomes responsive again.  Perhaps whitelisting a certain app/service would allow STAMINA mode to work properly?  Sony Customer Care doesn't have a solution.

In summary, if the power button becomes unresponsive, deactivating STAMINA mode "solves" the problem.

PS.  People with Xperia Z phones also have the problem

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/xperia-z-power-button-not-working-after-upgrading-it-to...

SimonW1
Visitor

I have a wifi/bluetooth/sw2 issue. Should we wait for update/fix, or it would be better to downgrade to 4.2 ?"

I'd love to downgrade to 2.2 but how??

I had an email response from Sony about this. As usual, there is no attempt to resolve the issue - I'm not even sure if they actually read my message at all - just a generic email suggesting a "repair" via the PC bridge software. As other  posters have indicated, this does not resolve the problem and will require reinstallation of all my apps. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
zaim7890

Everyone should email Sony support with the issues and a link to this thread.