Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
Vik9
Visitor

Hi guys, I have updated my Sony Xperia Z to 4.3 jelly bean over wifi. After the update phone doesn't stop crashing and it gets very hot even without being used. I have tried to connect it to PC Companion but the connection cannot be made because some error occurs while PC Companion tries to prepare the phone. 

I tried running it in the safe mode but same stuff kept happening. 

Any word of advice?

Thanks.

mrweazel37
Visitor

i have had nothing but problems with this bag of **bleep** phone

now after the latest update blue tooth wont work unless i switch off wifi and reboot and also vice versa with the wifi.

it really is the worst phone i have ever had.  m

red0611
Visitor

Does your data (games,apps,contacts) wipe out after you updated? Thanks
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

No,if you update you do not lose data.

alexdon
Vik9
Visitor

No everything is still on the phone after the update. Actually it developed a new thing, now from time to time it vibrates for no reason, eventualy restarts by its self and carries on. By the way forgot to mention that everything you try to do on the phone starts to not respond and then restarts.

cral
Visitor

I got following bugs in 4.3 for my Xperia Z 6603
-GPS signal poor and hard to get fixed position
-Sw2 BT connection jamming wifi connection
-Powerbutton bug
-Gps icon often on even when not using gps apps and turning on screen
profile.country.hr_HR.title
amroth
Explorer

Hello,

my problems:

1.) - lost all calendar sync. It doesn't allow me to import my facebook stuff into it (birthdays...)

2.) - lost ability to thumb up/share songs in walkman app

3.) - can't see number of my songs, artists, albums in walkman app

4.) - I got purple LED light for incoming gmail mail, but it doesn't show anything, until I check myself. I think the problem is if the mail goes to other folder then primary, then it doesn't send notification beside the purple LED

hafix
Visitor

Hai, i have issue when after answer incoming voice-call, i did not hear any voice until i set loud speaker on. Initially i suspected my ear speaker faulty, but if i make voice-call, i can hear clearly the voice other side. This symptom not only happen when using regular voice-call, it also happen when using VOIP app such as Viber.

Another issue is LED notification. After the 4.3 update, LED notification not longer blinking when i received any message or missed call.

harshreddy
Visitor

I updated my ZR to 4.3 last week. I am at Bangalore, India. I have noticed 

- Wont register to 3G network. Will work on 2G/Edge.

-Keyboard Lags sometimes.

Karlequin1
Visitor

Copy of mail sent to sony support (may be same issue as, for example, Vik9 above):

What happened:

1) Installed 4.3 (10.4.B.0.569) on Xperia Z C6603 via Sony PC Companion.

2) After install, continuous restarts approx once every 2-3 mins. Also happened in safe mode.

3) Tried removing apps such as avast, light flow, llama that I randomly guessed might cause problems. Didn't make any difference.

3) SUS used for a clean 4.3 install, seemed fine for a little while, but...

4) Serious instability / restarts after phone had "restored itself".

Things that were going wrong (NONE of these were happening pre-update):

1) Can no longer connect to Sony PC Companion.

2) "Media" application eating battery life at a frightening rate.

3) Multiple pauses / slowdowns / lag when using the UI (swiping text input almost unusable).

4) Some system config pages freeze on access, including USB Connectivity.

5) Seemingly random vibration pulses and restarts.

Digging a little deeper, I found the Diagnostics app, now up to around 5000 "application not responding" events. Most seem to be from android.process.media - about once every 20 seconds. Some googling suggested that this could be due to corrupt media files on an SD card, so I removed and reformatted my SD card, but it's still happening and my phone is mostly unusable.

Help!

Tags (1)