Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
Buckleberry
Visitor

Further to my post above I can't even connect to any other device via bluetooth after the update. Not even another phone to BT pictures over etc. This clearly is a Sony issue. Is just a shame they don't seem to take any notice of the messages on their own forum. If they at least acknowledge there's a problem, people might be placated.
tintin-germany
Visitor

Here i am again,

on Montag, i talked to Sony and they told me, to install the pc companion an to try again, the install-file could be curupted. i tried, and succeed! But so again, i installed a vew apps an it ran. Today, i tried to install the 20th app and the play store freezed. And then the same procedure as in the weekend !!!!

I makes me sick, i coud vomitt !!!!

I try now, to re-install over pc-companion, then i try to install 20 apps an if it freezes again while installing the 20th app, i bring it back to my phone-provider to change it to a phone, wich is able to work !!!  And for sure, not a sony again!

Divers1fy
Visitor

Please see previous posts:

I have been back to Sony, they said it will cost me (send it to their service centre).

I have been back to my telco provider, they said it will cost me (they will also send it to the Sony service centre).

I have re-booted, factory reset, pc-updated... done it all.

I am just about 100% convinced it's a bug in the Power Management (far less buggy when plugged in).  

No solutions without cost = rooting my phone.  I have been told it's the only way to go.  Being an App Developer, and pretty tech savvy, it's not a good solution, but it's my only alternative to throwing the phone in the bin or spending another $100 + on it.

Back to my Galaxy while I sort this out...

Rodhammond
Visitor

Wifi direct issue on xperia zr also sony cant solve.. already update to 4.3JB...
khet
Visitor

Just had a chat with an agent and she said that there is no way to revert back to 4.2.2. So just try the softwre repair.

Essentially, Sony can't or won't help. If there is someone who has tried this software repair successfully, please share your experiences. If there IS a 4.4 update, would someone be brave enough to try it and let us know how it goes?

beo6
Visitor

I suppose you are using Z-Push for your e-mails?

If it is, that is a known bug of Z-Push. Just update Z-Push to the latest SVN version or ask your server admin to do so.

ziqionline
Visitor

when receiving sms with the characters "-8" it will be converted to a music symbol, it's really disturbing, does anyone knows how to turn off this automatic conversion to symbols in the sms? thanks

Distressed
Visitor

Your current problems after the god forsaken 4.3 update are closest to mine. However I get the medal of the most messed up xperia z after the 4.3 update. I regret the minute I pressed the update icon. So a list of problems:

Some default apps will not open or hang soon after opening. Most annoying is the album and movies since I have lots ot precious photos.

The computer does not recognize my phone so cannot recover my photos and videos

USB cnnectivity will not open or respond

The phone frequently turns itself on and off so nothing can be downloaded.

I cannot download any new apps so I wonder if a bug fix will sort me out.

Battery discharges very fast even when phone is not in use.

The phone gets really hot.

Basically, the list is endless. The only reason I haven't flashed the phone in the toilet or smashed it with a mallet is because I hope to recover my photos. If anyone can help me do this before I move on to Iphone or something else I would really appreciate.

On chatting with someone from Sony support, they told me that they had not heard of people having problems with their phones after the 4.3 update. I guess they are not checking this page.

profile.country.en_GB.title
zaim7890

Might be best if people started to send emails to sony with a list of bugs/issue's they're having. 

MadGnome
Visitor

Additional Bugs.

I have a couple of regular phone contacts set as icons on the home screen. When I select these the phone used to switch to the dial screen and call the contact.

Now the phone pauses while it initiates the call before switching to the dial screen so you don't know if the call is being processed or not!

Also in car mode the phone stays in landscape mode until the call is connected when it reverts to portrait! Switching back once the call ends.