Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
Lauda
Visitor

@Shravan_sp wrote:
Yea I'm experiencing the same problem... But only occasionally...
Press the power button.. Wait for a few seconds and press it again...
That helps me...

Exactly the same issue, happens randomly.

whybuysonyphone
Visitor

I agree.

I liked the logic of being able to select the keyboard matching the intended language and the spell check also matching.

Now I have seen keys change for not apparent reason.

For example today I had the a Turkish i (without the dot) appear on the keyboard.

I would like it back the way that it was please.

Xperia_Zr
Visitor

There are lot of bugs;
1.rough animations (e.g slide animation to respond a call is rough and hard 2.Swipe Move from world clock to timer is not smooth.
2.late response of opening some applications.
3.consuming too much battery, processor.
4.Old Keyboard was better than new in Usability look and feel.
5.Google Chrome not running properly than compare to old 4.2.2 jellybean.
6.change between homescreen is not so smooth.
7.Need Of Polish Of UI
yuzhongbutong
Visitor

bluetooth bug??

Xperia Z (L36H)  china edition

PS3 dualshock3 control don‘t used blurtooth connect my phone   (bluetooth can discren the control but don‘t ued,4 LED lamp all the time flicker )

but  used OTG data line no problem

4.2.2  A267 release  bluetooth don't the problem!!

GuptaPriyank
Visitor

Well, bluetooth has stopped working in my ZR. I don't know if it is a hardware issue or firmware issue. But Sony should really do something about this.

XxXxXxX
Visitor

My xperia z c6602 say The phone doesn't support firmware Version read.
Thats happen when i call *#*#7378423#*#*-software.
So is it normal or what??
i actually need the 4.3 update and iam from egypt and until now iam still 4.2.2 so is it available on our region or not??
N
And sorry again for my bad english
Driada
Visitor

Have Sony Z, C6603.

After apdate to 4.3 can't use Bluetooth connection propertly. Now when somebody is calling me I need to find my phone and push answear button or cancel button on a phone, not on a steering wheel, like with JB 4.2. I was thinking, that it's my car issue and whent to dealership (thanks God I have a brand new car, it was warranty and cost me nothing). I reinstalled JB 4.3, but this didn't resolved the problem. This issue should be resolved, otherwise I will be fined by police, because it's not allowed even hold phone in hands in my country.

Buckleberry
Visitor

So many people seem to be experiencing the Bluetooth issue since the JB 4.3 update, me included. I do hope sony releases a fix for this as, currently, my Xperia Z is a very expensive ornament in my car, not being able to connect to the Bluetooth on my Sony car radio in my Ford Mondeo. I saw somewhere else that Sony recommends updating the software in the car which is ridiculous. My pal with a Razr i running JB 4.3 can connect to it with no problems. I can't even connect with any other device to send photo's over BT.

Come on Sony, please release a patch urgently as it's clearly a firmware problem...

MadGnome
Visitor

I agree with all the Bugs listed and have also experienced regular glitches in Bluetooth transmission where there is a fractional loss in the sound track being transmitted but the connection is not lost.

I also have more problems connecting to my car as I have a separate car kit and blue tooth link to the radio the car kit picks up most times but the radio does not and I have to force the connection through the blue tooth settings.

In car mode the main phone home screen no longer rotates to portrait layout.

Increased battery drain

Perceived reduction in reliable 3g data connection

Perceived increase in messages saying I have missed a call when there is no reason for this to have happened ie poor reception in areas I have used the phone regularly.

White backgrounds for settings menus/widgets especially when using in low light conditions. Unless someone knows how to change this.

SW2 no wifi issue again 4.2.2 all worked fine

Bring back the old keyboard.

It may be the wrong section so apologies but the omission of access to the permissions management App opps feature is a major let down as this was the feature I most wanted from 4.3!

All in all a software upgrade that I had really looked forward to is by all accounts a step backwards! Come on Sony you can do better than this.

profile.country.en_GB.title
zaim7890

I updated to 4.3 yesterday and I've not come across any issue's so far.