Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
Divers1fy
Visitor

I have had exactly the same problem!! (Grrr!)

Screen blackouts.  Looped startup.  

I've done a hard reset, and it re-updated back to 4.3... but it's still got the same problem! (but now with 'less' looped startup (only twice).

Essentially it seems to go black whenever it goes back to the swipe screen (every 3 minutes).

Any help here would be great... going back to my Samsung Galaxy II in the interim... as a software developer, I'm not sure how this got released in it's current state... poor form Sony!

arz
Visitor

It's easy. you need to download Flashtool from this website:

http://www.flashtool.net/index.php

Then search in Google for the stock ram version 10.3.1.A.2.67.

There are plenty of posts in XDA developers that give you the download links. Each link refers to a different country. Choose the appropriate version for your region.

You can also search for Flashtool tutorial. There are many of them available.

You don't need root access...

Going back to 4.2.2 version is the best choice for me at the moment. I used to be a crazy supporter for Sony. I used to convince my friends to buy Sony instead of Samsung. But, the release of faulty version of 4.3 has disappointed me.

daffy_b
Visitor

I have now updated BOTH my Z1 and my wife's Z, and they now both wont access anything on the micro-SD at all. All music, photos, apps etc are completely impossible to access via the phone.

both phones simply lock up and I need to do hard resets to get it to restart.

How can I roll back to the previous version as this update is rubbish and the phones (apart from calls) are now completely unusable

jetbuckle
Visitor

some great tips, but none (sorry to say) remedy my situation.

the phone was unusable...so no, i couldnt back up photos etc onto the sd card, as it locked up as soon as i tried to use any app.

the factory reset has wiped everything on the phone memory, photos and other app data are stored by default on  the onto internal memory (NOT the sd card).

the one hope i did have was to use card recovery software to scan the phone after the factory reset and try and recover at least some of my stuff...but once again Sony's wonderful (irony) interface software means that my pc is only able to see it as a "Portable Media Player" and not a simple drive. This all means that the Recovery Ware can't see (or scan) it.

So thanks once again Sony, you've left me high and dry and a load of great memories lost.

I never had any of these problems with my old Samsung or HTC, feel really let down...

jetbuckle
Visitor

oh, and thanks guys, but telling me you had no problem with your update doesnt really help me at all does it?

this may sound harsh, but writing that on a forum dedicated to helping others with their problems is a little unhelpful (what is your point?)

Ashish22
Visitor

After Installing An 4.3 on XPERIA ZL..

The LED Light is not turning on when the call is on going..

Means Whenever the call is on the LED light is not turning on..

Please resolve the problem as early as possible.

Orafrecor
Visitor

Dear Brackaus,

I'm "happy" you are finding the same problem as I do with the SW2 (bluetooth) and WiFi connections...
I was just curious on how you managed to downgrade your Xperia back to 4.2.2
When I do a reset, it stays on 4.3.  I just can't find a way to downgrade it until the bug is fixed with a future version of Android...

Thank you for your consideration !

Have a nice evening,

Orafrecor

parasyug
Visitor

Movies application can't play video which played smoothly in 4.2.2. Blank screen when i screen on.
parasyug
Visitor

Sony please update movies application as many videos are not supported in 4.3 update specialy mkv formats. Note that these videos are running smoothly in 4.2.2.
Divers1fy
Visitor

Hi (again),

I'm beginning to suspect that my install has got battery management issues.  In case you didn't read my previous post, here's my details (with additional info).

I received the new update (4.3), which I began to install (after reading about it's magical new battery features! 🙂 ).  Halfway through, my internet locked out, and the install failed (which could have meant a corrupted file (1).

I installed once I had a new connection, and it went through no problems, but I had less than 30% battery at the time.  It crashed (black screen) and then got caught in a startup loop.

I tried and tried, but nothing, and by then my battery died.  I plugged in and kept trying for about half an hour with no luck.  Walked away, came back, and it worked (about 35% battery at this stage.  Soon after, it crashed again ... VERY annoying!

I plugged into my computer, ripped all my images and vids off it, pushed it up to 50% charge, and did a hard factory reset, wiping all data (grrr!).  It worked.  I reset up the majority of my 'important' stuff, and continued merrily for about 2 hrs... at which time it went back to same old, same old (black screen crash, with looped startup)

(1) However, I now knew that it wasn't a corrupted file, because it started from scratch.  I also knew it wasn't all my installed rubbish, because I didn't have any!

So... this morning (after charging it over night), I unplugged and noticed that as soon as I took it off the power source it was only 94%... odd...  It's been working fine with no glitches for a few hours now, but when I look back, I have begun to suspect it's a problem with the battery management... I would really appreciate it if a Sony XPeria representative weighed in on this.  Is there known bugs with the release?  Is there an iteritive release planned for the next couple of weeks?  It's a great phone, but this is my business phone, and this is costing me money... I need to know before I commit the phone to the trash.

As a 'fix' I've installed the 2X batter app (something I used to have before the factory reset).  Hopefully that will take over the battery management and it won't glitch any more... (crossing my fingers and toes).

Happy to hear from anyone else! 🙂

UPDATE: 3hrs of working... then crashed again while trying to use an App (83% battery).  Black screen.  Power button did nothing.  Held Vol-down + Pwr untill 3 x Vibes.  Released.  Held Pwr until 1 x Vibe.  Waited for the 'Sony' to appear and then released.  Booted up as per normal... waiting for the next crash.

Maybe it's not the battery management... maybe it's 'popups' or screensaver (Power Management again...?)

Maybe it's Sony just not doing TDD properly while doing software development...

Maybe it's Sony forcing upgrades for their own benefit instead of allowing their client to choose? (suggestions on this forum for rewinding upgrades void warranty 😞 

Starting to get annoyed... (in case you didn't pick it 🙂 )    SONY!!??? (yeah, I know... it's the weekend...).