Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
mcarrer
Visitor

Yes, I know there is nothing wrong with my SW2...

Do you have the procedure to make the downgrade? 

Do I need to have root access to my phone?

NickH
Visitor

Hi all, just to add to everything. I own a Xperia Z and the SW2 smartwatch...the minute you turn the bluetooth on to connect the watch to the handset the. Wi Fi switches itself off now after upgrading to 4.3!!.. Really wish they would test these things before releasing them, to say I'm fu##ed off is a understatement.. Anyone any ideas of a date for a fix update?.. Thanks all..
jetbuckle
Visitor

yeah, great, a hard reset...so i've lost all my precious photos, media and contacts which were on the phone. thanks Sony.

Lemon
Visitor

Works perfect for me. You could always download flashtool and flash an ftf off xda, simple.
Lemon
Visitor

I have zero issues with the 4.3 update. Apart from the screenshot issue, battery is improved, took 8 hours with WiFi turned on for the battery to fall to 75% which is amazing. Performance has improved, and I have no issues with either NFC or Bluetooth or WiFi. My Comodo app has gone haywire though, but that's all. Walkman is fine, and the camera has always been awful in low light so that hasn't changed. No thanks to Sony though because they still haven't rolled out any updates to me, thanks goes to the XDA devs.
khet
Visitor

If you save / back up the data in a micro sd card then this shouldn't be a problem right? Just take out that card and ut it in another phone and the data should still be there.

Would a hard reset affect the sd card in any way?

On a personal note, after upgrading to 4.3 my battery usage has increased and my apps (such as camera, chrome, youtube, text) have become slow and start freezing or behave strangely. I definitely will not be upgrading my android again.

Now is there any way to revert back to android 4.2.2 for Xperia Z?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2013-Xperias/m-p/...

There is no issue if you backup,but be careful that some backups are not 100% compatible with new OS.

alexdon
KrazzyVishal
Visitor

Oh, sad for you. My XZ is working fineeven after the update. There are no such problems at all.
KrazzyVishal
Visitor

I didn't notice this slight misalignment when taking screenshots, but the screenshot is saved correctly and doesn't have that transparent strip. So I thought that is the Sony implemented screenshot animation... Grinning_Face
KrazzyVishal
Visitor

But the screenshot is saved correctly, so I thought this must be the way Sony implemented animation when taking a screenshot.