Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
rt2gaurav
Visitor

Facing lack of battery stand up time since my last android update 4.3
rt2gaurav
Visitor

Their are so many bug's like blue tooth, nfc connectivity issues, heat issues, Lothe of ram space Eaten by Android and over all a battery killer.

Phones stand up time is less than 12hrs which was first used to be over 24 hrs.. Hate this new update Slightly_frowning_Face
elwyn5150
Visitor

I hate this update and am tempted to break my phone.

On my Xperia Z:

1. The phone will freeze and become unresponsive then reboot on various occasions such as browsing web pages on Chrome or trying to play the last MP3 I played.

2. Walkman doesn't work - it doesn't list artists, albums etc.

3. Some apps have noticeably slowed down.

4. Worsened battery life - It lost a noticeable percentage even in airport mode. Also charging is much slower.

5. Won't connect to AirDroid.

elwyn5150
Visitor

6. My PC can't see the Xperia Z and thus, PC Companion won't work.

indra18
Visitor

after 4 .3 update camera is awful. cant take pics even in good liting contitions. observed lot of noice in the image. most of the people prefer sony because of it camera and music, i don't why sony is neglecting those two modules....any way UI, apps and touch performace is very gud. hope sony will take this camera and wifi SW2 issues seriouly and we will release a patch soon.

indefinite_
Visitor

After the current update, certain bugs on previous version was fixed but my phone seems to be a little less responsive and unstable at times. Which leads me to reboot my phone several times in order for it to run slightly smoother. Great job on the UI overhauling by the way.

mcarrer
Visitor

Hey guys, you can laught, but I got in contact with sony support chat here in Brazil, and what did they said regarding my problem with the WiFi connection???

You have to contact sony electronics because it's a problem with your SW2...

what???? 

so the android 4.3 has no problems, it works perfectly, and we have to throw our SW2 in the garbage... 

arz
Visitor

There is nothing wrong with your SW2.

4.3 has bluetooth problem. it also has problem with my Sony bluetooth headset MBH10. when it connects to the phone, it disables WIFI!

its so iresponsible to say that your SW2 has problem!

I flushed the rom of my phone back to 4.2.2 and bluetooth is fine. no problem with WIFI.

I decided to stick to 4.2.2 at the moment. no point to upgrade to 4.3! so sad.

jetbuckle
Visitor

Since updating my Xperia Z this morning to the latest Android update (UK, Glasgow), my device has become useless.

As soon as i open any App, and try and return to the home screen afterwards, the device locks up and requires a hard start. Even the hard start takes a long period of "holding" the restart button to take effect.

The phone is now unusable, and i have no option to revert to the previous version of Android. My Z is less than four months old, and this rollout has effectively destroyed the phone.

Phone is now constantly rebooting/locking/hanging. Sony have now destroyed a £400 phone. I am VERY angry. Wont be buying Sony again. I've lost all my media and cannot get in to recover it.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I suggest you to repair software with sony update service.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

alexdon