Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
master_williamn
Visitor

I just don't know, I can't find any bugs...
except that sony takes a month to go worldwide with 4.3 apparently...
I'm from the netherlands, and I am still waiting... 

byebye sony, hello samsung next time...

Brackaus
Visitor

With the 4.3 update, there does appear to be an issue if you are using the SW2 (bluetooth) and wifi (2.4ghz) Turning off the bluetooth with allow you to connect to a 2.4ghz connection or to start a "wifihot spot".

I rolled back to 4.2.2. to test this out and with the SW2, you can connect to a 2.4ghz connection but it's also a little weaker with bluetooth on.

a workaround for this is to use a 5ghz Wifi connection as there looks like there might be a interfering issue with the SW2 (bluetooth) and 2.4ghz.

With rolling back and seeing that i was able to connect, gives me hope that there is a software bug and conflicting radio frequencies. 

TL: DR

SW2 + 2.4GHZ WIFI = Slightly_frowning_Face
SW2 + 5GHZ WIFI = Slightly_smiling_Face

arz
Visitor

Upgrading from Android 4.2.2 to 4.3 caused several issues for me!

I was happy that Sony is going to upgrade my Expire ZEAL from 4.2.2 to 4.3,

but this update disappointed me.

1) my Sony Bluetooth headset MBH10 doesn't work properly with the phone. Once it connects, wifi does not work. No internet connection through wifi. I remove the headset from the list and paired it again but the problem hasn't been solved.

2) com.sonyericsson.android.wakeup has become a battery killer. I know this is related to Fast Dormancy and some incompatibility with mobile network. According to some forums rooting the phone and disabling Fast Dormancy is the solution. But I don't want to root the phone.

to solve the both problems, I used Sony PC Companion to repare the phone but the problem still exist. I am considering to send the phone to service center to replace back the perivious version 4.2.2 with this new 4.3 version.

what is your suggesion to solve my problem.

AlexR
Visitor

So the wifi problem isnt only with the sw2 but also with other bluetooth devices. There is nothing we can do than wait for a bug fix from sony. I wish i could return to 4.2 officially. 

There isnt anyone from Sony on this SUPPORT forum to give answers????

naveen_chouhan
Visitor

After update internal speaker during call is giving noisy sound and some chrome is getting freeze frequently....
Sound issue is very annoying..
Pls help .
ganesh_84s
Visitor

someone help me please after i updated my xperia z to 4.3 i cant find Burst mode in camera app Slightly_frowning_Face

dggw12345
Visitor

My phone is hanging alot after the update..
Sometimes the screen does not even turn on after sleep.
I repaired my phone with SUS but still nothing has changed.
Is it software problem or hardware.
mcarrer
Visitor

WiFi connection problems using SW2
When disabling the BT connection, WiFi works pretty fine.

Before this update, it was working perfectly.

Does anyone have tried to make a recovery via Sony PC Companion or a hard reset?

I have a Sony ZQ (Brazilian version for ZL)

Bu
Visitor

Now I know why 4.3 update isn't yet available in Portugal Smiling_Face_with_open_mouth_&_closed_Eyes

Buy my Z about 3 weeks ago and I’m still happy with 4.2.2. Despite the lack of app2sd option and SONY OWN VIDEO EDITOR that could take advantage of this great device; cam, battery and overall system response, works awesome ..but, after read all this claims concerning the new OS related  bugs, one thing is for sure ..will not update to 4.3

Camera improvements were made to boost Z1 (+new compact Z1) cam quality, and ‘bug’ all other models. Why do u guys think this happen?? Face_with_rolling_Eyes

Really hope that after Sony fulfill selling expectations on the new Z’s, the next update could clear all this bugs and truly bring improvements to Xperia Z camera

Regards

drmandn
Visitor

After the update i cant turn on my bluetooth any more. Is there anyone have the same problem?