Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
vvindir
Visitor

I do not like the 4.3 update. I have to unlock the screen too see the clock in dock mode, and i dont like the brighter menus... It should be darker to save battery. 

Dicky
Visitor

I have updated information from my previous post about the Wi-Fi bug after updated to 4.3

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-Z-ZR-ZL-4-3-Update-Bugs/m-p/499677#M28495

Even though I changed my router settings to 802.11G only which is more “stable” than 802.11N (stable just mean I can connect it without big problem within 1 hour normally, not mean it is really stable)

I found another weird error message from my phone said the Wi-Fi is “association rejected” after I connected to the router for awhile. The circle one is my SSID, but in the phone there is no connected icon meanwhile the router said it is still connected and the signal strength still keep changing. Of course at that time I can’t ping or browse the Internet.

And seems, I am not the only one having this issue

http://goo.gl/yiDCLq

wifi1.jpg

Screenshot_2014-01-06-00-23-48.jpg

Edouard1
Visitor

Hi,

Since i updated to 4.3 on my Xperia Z, i noticed that when i have an incoming voice call through gsm network, the notification light is blinking extremely fast. I just wanted to know if this is normal and eveybody is experiencing this on their Z's as well since the update to 4.3 ?

Thanks for your help

mrtpage
Visitor

bluetooth audio issues on android 4.3, has a compression sound to it, 4.2.2 was absolute perfect audio running into a bluetooth dock.

sinner21
Visitor

Hi
Updated to 4.3 last Thurs, seemed ok, sone really cool bits, some so-so - camera doesn't seem as good. However last night unlocked phone to use when suddenly started freaking out!! As if I'd pressed the screen 10 times or something(which I hadn't). Locked it, turned it off for a minute then back on. Seemed ok at first but now when ui try drag the notification bar down it freezes half way or near top. Lock screen unlock seems ok but now when I try and drag Notification bar the screen goes left or right as if I'm swiping left or right?? Also when for few secs it does works it suddenly goes 'click click click' turns off wifi, turns on bluetooth and puts into vibrate mode...without me doing a thing?!?! V bizarre, phone is pristine condition and had no issues whatsoever till now. Any help, suggestions etc please guys would be much appreciated as driving me crazy!!!
sinner21
Visitor

I'm not a update genius but this defo seems like a 4.3 bug of somekind
Orafrecor
Visitor

Hi Everyone, Hi Sony Teams

I bought an Xperia Z 10 days ago with Android 4.2.2
I heard that 4.3 was out so decided to update it yesterday.

Since then, I can't connect properly to WiFi, it keeps disconnecting and I can't find any other WiFi networks...

The only thing that I've found to make it work is to turn off the Bluetooth.  At this point, with the Bluetooth turned off, the WiFi is connecting almost instantly and working fine. 
This is bothering me as I bought the SmartWatch 2 at the same time and can't use it due to this issue...  Also, it's annoying to have to turn the Bluetooth on each time I get in my car...

Is there a way to solve this problem ? Is a new build coming soon ?

Thank you for your consideration.

My actual Config is :
Android 4.3

Build 10.4.B.0.569

profile.country.en_GB.title
zaim7890

Battery stats are a bit dodgy, screen on time isn't being reported properly (way lower than it should be)

Also restarting the phone will reset the stats.

Hasstef
Visitor

I have the following problem with Xperia Z after 4.3 update (10.4.B.0.569): bluetooth music streaming to Sennheiser M550-x and Jawbone Big Jambox is severely affected by noise of unknown origin, no matter what music settings or applications I use. No noise present during playback via wired connection.
Hasstef
Visitor

Same here.