Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z, ZR, ZL 4.3 Update Bugs

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

The purpose of this thread is to list any bugs or issues with the new update, please post a brief description of the issue. 

1. Dreadful multi-language keyboard layout, its like the Z1, now word suggestions are on all the languages that you've selected, as there isn't a key to switch between languages.
  2. SmartWatch 2 connectivity issues
  3. missing NFC icon
  4. Screenshots border issue
  5. If SW2 its connected (Bluetooth on) there are some WiFi connectivity issues
  6. WiFi connectivity issues experienced by some users
388 REPLIES 388
coolasrevi
Contributor

Oh i think burst mode only works with superior auto. it was better before as in seperate mode for burst. Is anyone getting blacked out picture in AR effect? 

JulyManiac
Visitor

it's probably my worst experience with sony

since I upgrade it to the latest (4.3)

- walkman, album, trackID, camera always crashes

- battery **bleep**, 60% out in 4 hours (airplane mode)?

- Xperia home crashes easily, even when I scroll through the pages

- power button not responding sometimes

- self restarting ... pretty often

- won't connect to PC for reinstalling OS

geez, I really need a help

coolasrevi
Contributor

The problems u explained are not really happening. why don you try a factory reset. to repair use a different cable. it just might work. 

moonsand
Visitor

I can barely hear the person on the other end of the call. Earphone, Speakerphone tests all work fine.

Many a times the voice drops and comes back on its own ... this is happening afdter upgrade to 4.3.

And even NFC is gone. It doesn't work.

khenz
Visitor

Low battery mode still doesn't deactivate mobile data, even if it is checked under its settings.

Hotaro
Visitor

Wow julymaniac have a lot problems, are you seriously?
Franky
Visitor

I am facing a terrible issue on my Xperia Z. After updated to Android 4.3, I cannot turn my phone on. When I tried to power on the phone, it shows SONY, and then off by itself. I have been trying for more than 100 times but still cannot make my phone start. I tried to use the PC campanion to repair it, even clear all my data on my phone, this problem still exists. The only way that I could make my phone on, is that I have to keep connecting my PC (have power maybe) when I turn my phone on. Is there any buddy facing the same issue? It's really make my life in trouble.

Remarks: I was updating my phone by using PC.  I have also tried to hard reset the phone, repair the phone, clear everything whatever.  I haven't put any SIM or SD card inside, still cannot turn it on.

SM29
Visitor

Hi, I have an xperia ZR C5502 and I've just updated it to 4.3. The Sony Select app is not working and always gives " no connection" even though else works perfectly. Also, could somebody please tell how to change the resolution while on smart auto mode?
Iorek
Visitor

Also few bugs I found out,

Smallapp unit converter does not work - does not give output
Powerbutton irresponsible most of the time at first push when trying to unlock phone
Most of the games, there is a slight lag
Does not shut down mobile data when it reaches the critique limit of low battery settings.
Superiauto mode megapixels downgraded to 8mp? Really? We have 13mp camera and we use only 8? before upgrade it was 12, this is nonsens?
At manual, I cant find macro at scenes.

Dicky
Visitor

Hi, I have the Wi-Fi issue after update my Xperia Z (C6603) to Android 4.3 released previously, before the update I have no issue at all. I have tried reset the phone still can’t fix this issue.

My router is TP-Link 1043nd flashed with DD-WRT, I did the experiment, with a normal Wi-Fi USB receiver for my computer ping the router continuously (to know is it the router problem) using (ping 192.168.xxx.xxx –t) , and there is no packet drop. But at the same time, Xperia Z first can ping it too, but about 2-10 minutes, it can’t ping or connect to the Internet but the Wi-Fi icon still full and about 5 minutes later it will disconnect and only receive LTE signal and have to reconnect the Wi-Fi manually.

I have also tried different setting in my router, with encryption, no encryption, different network mode (N Only, NG Mixed, G only), I found that if I select any network mode using 802.11N will cause this issue.

In the router status page, it will see the device TX and RX rate become low when the issue happening, but it is not “disconnected”.

Finally, I have to set my router to network mode G Only to fix that issue and in the Xperiz Z Wi-Fi setting, Advance page I have unchecked the Wi-Fi optimization, then the issue gone.

It seems there is a compatibility issue with 802.11N after update the Xperia Z, I hope Sony can reproduce the issue and fix it.

This app can ping the router in Xperia Z

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overlook.android.fing