Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Extention for throw has stopped error

Superkitsune
Visitor

Xperia Extention for throw has stopped error

I keep getting this error. Ever since I think my movie creator or albums was updated. It shows 2 times everytime I use anything related to photos or video. I tried to hard restart, for stop in the apps setting, clear cache. So on and it still pops up. No roots on my phone, running 4.4.4 kit kit. Reinstalled Is using Pc companion about 2 months ago. Just started getting this error 2 WEEKS ago.
8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

It's probably an app acting up, repair your phone with PCC and report back

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Phy
Legend
Legend

does it work while on safe mode?

How to boot on safe mode.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
Superkitsune
Visitor

The safe mode didnt change anything. Still had the error. I had to repair the phone using Pc Companion. But what the **bleep**? Had this phobe for 7 months so far and never did that.
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Android OS ages like any other OS, from residual app files, updates overwriting older files, software upgrades over old OS. From time to time you need to refresh you OS copy, by doing a factory reset or phone repair. And thanks to cloud services this is now easier than ever. I do this process on a regular basis every few months.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Just to make sure, when you stated that you tried clearing cache, did you clear cache of "Xperia Extension for Throw" app?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Superkitsune

Please report back after you repair your phone with PCC 

Amor2402
Visitor

Translation via Google translate:

This error always appears when opening photo or video: extension Xperia tm for throw error

Sempre aparece esse erro ao abrir foto ou vídeo: extension Xperia tm for throw erro

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Amor2402

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.