Join now - be part of our community!

wifi during Screen mirroring

SOLVED
anirudhks
Visitor

wifi during Screen mirroring

Hi I knw that the wifi disconnects when u use the screen mirroring , but at the same time I also have a note 2 which has the tool called all sharecast but when I use that the wifi still works along with the screen mirroring  any solution to make this work on our XZ? technically its not impossible but there should be a way around i would like to use my wifi during screen  mirroring .. will this be addressed in the update ?

39 REPLIES 39
hosyeow
Visitor

Damm it... I bought it for this purpose as well!

I have upgrade the Xperia Z to latest firmware but it seems like Sony no longer interested to fix this bug!

Sunbriel
Visitor

Hello, I just wanted to say that by disabling data while screen mirroring is enabled, indeed does force the phone to switch to wifi again. However, you might experience performance drop as this all goes over your router then. I have Sony Xperia Z, stock based KitKat ROM with locked bootloader.
profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

@Sunbriel wrote:
Hello, I just wanted to say that by disabling data while screen mirroring is enabled, indeed does force the phone to switch to wifi again. However, you might experience performance drop as this all goes over your router then. I have Sony Xperia Z, stock based KitKat ROM with locked bootloader.

You're very lucky making this work. 

On my Sony W9 TV,  disabling data after having set up screen mirroring doesn't have any visible effect. 

Then Wifi stays on but dedicated to the miracast session in wifi direct mode. 

From there, if I try to manually reconnect to my wifi AP, mirroring is immediately aborted. 

Works perfectly with my Nexus 10 tablet on same TV without the need of any specific tricks. 

**EDIT**

I've been able to make it works as you described (but this is not an acceptable solution): my TV is connected to my home LAN using wired network. If I reconfigure it to use wireless network instead, screen mirroring then works as you have described, but that's not a option: I'm using my TV LAN connectivity to streaming media from my NAS, using wireless acces for this purpose is totally not optimal.

Johnsmith12345
Visitor

Ok, this is weird...

Background:

I have had my Sony Xperia Tablet Z (wifi only, unrooted, just updated to Kitkat 4.4.4) for a while; only recently I bought 2 Sony KDL40590B (both TV updated to the newest software) from Costco, so I never tried the screen mirroring before until now.  And of course, I encountered the same problem, screen mirroring turns off the tablet's wifi connection.

Experience:

Someone mentioned here earlier about connecting the tablet to the TV first, then forget the wifi direct that the TV created, then connect it back to home wifi.  It works on ONE TV (I tried to bring up a show from my tablet, but I didn't really watch it, just tested it for couple minutes) but NOT the other one.  Both TV should have the same settings as I don't have enough time to mess with them yet!  Grinning_Face

So, in my opinion, the Sony XTZ (mine is wifi only) is capable to do screen mirroring even with the home wifi connected.  Also, Kitkat 4.4.4 has nothing to do with the screen mirroring cuts off wifi connection.  Somehow, just a bug to be fixed to make all Sony XTZ owners happy, and I hope this will not be long, please.

Johnsmith12345
Visitor

updates:

1.  sorry, the "connect to wifi direct then forget the network" method is from another forum, not here.

2.  i tried first tv, successful (tested with an app requires wifi to run n brought up an video).  then tried second tv (the exact same model, brand, size, etc..) but it didn't work.  later on, i went back to the first tv and tried; it doesn't work anymore, so i guess may be when i was testing the 2nd tv triggered something?  

anyway, i gave up for now...hope the solution will be here soon (but unlikely)....

:'(

jesusperez33
Visitor

This is not true...I am writing this comment using my mobile with my wifi while mirroring... I HAD BOTH CONNECTIONS data and wifi activated when I started mirroring...and then the mobile advised me that the wifi will disconnect...Then I disconnected the data connection and my xperia z bounded to the wifi while still was mirroring...so it works perfectly...I would like to add a screenshot with my system...its updated to the last system version... I really hope this help other people because this device has no problem... Only make sure you do it in the right order
profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

I've have been able to make it works *only* when my Bravia TV is using Wifi instead of wired ethernet to connect to the home LAN 

Even if both network are sharing the same IP subnet.

My other devices (Nexus 10 for example) are connecting flawlessly in both situations.

thatguy1
Visitor

my samsung gs4 wont let me mirror nd connect to wifi at the same time it keeps disconnecting the wifi when loading the mirror nd vice versa when i try to load back up the wifi any suggestions

profile.country.US.title
Momofabj
Explorer

I have a Bravia and I’m having difficulty getting the iPhone to show the TV? My WiFi on the tv keeps dropping? 

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @anirudhks 

I don't think that's normal that the Wi-Fi disconnects while using the screen mirroring feature. Is this happening to you since the begging? Your device is Xperia XZ?

@Momofabj could you confirm the full model of your Bravia TV?