Join now - be part of our community!

wifi during Screen mirroring

SOLVED
anirudhks
Visitor

wifi during Screen mirroring

Hi I knw that the wifi disconnects when u use the screen mirroring , but at the same time I also have a note 2 which has the tool called all sharecast but when I use that the wifi still works along with the screen mirroring  any solution to make this work on our XZ? technically its not impossible but there should be a way around i would like to use my wifi during screen  mirroring .. will this be addressed in the update ?

39 REPLIES 39
0ctane
Visitor

Yeah I did see this...just adds to the long list of useless features resulting from no wifi connection when using miracast.

Can someone from Sony Support please mark this as unresolved and at the very least pass this back to the relevant department at Sony. This is surely a software issue but either way Sony's loyal customers deserve an explanation.

profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

@Rickard wrote:

This has been investigated and unfortunately it will not be possible to support Screen Mirroring and WiFi connection at the same time in this Xperia Z.

And that is what you call a  ... "solution" ? Neutral_Face

Must be joking I guess.

Could you explain the purpose of the "Youtube" and "Movies" icons present as default in the "TV Launcher" application, knowing that this application is *only* available when screen mirroring is active?

All others non Sony Miracast compatible phones are able to keep wifi connexion up in that mode.

Please at least accept this is either as a bug or as a defect (if the cause is hardware based and can not be software fixed ).

vetterlin
Visitor

Sooo, installed Cyanogenmod 10.2 (based on Android 4.3 which supports WiDi/Miracast natively) and see there:

WIDI/Miracast and the connection to my home WiFi Network work simultaneously.....!!!

So Sony, two lessons for you here:

1. Get of your collective ***** and get Android 4.3 going without nerfing perfectly fine core features

2. If you're going the forum/community way, provide correct information (aka really ask your developers) and don't spew half informed nonsense/play the information hiding game...

To everyone else here: give them ****, or they will never learn!

PS: Who wants to try, google Cyanogenmod  ("Pollux" -for LTE variant- or "Pollux_Windy" -for WiFi only variant-). Warning!: Possible Warranty void when flashing custom ROMS

=> SW Issue !!!

profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

I was hoping that maybe 4.3 update would fix this issue.

nothing changed sadly Face_with_rolling_Eyes

Majority other miracast compatible device do'nt have that problem (it works even on some older Sony models!) and Sony not able to fix it on Z series!

Panagiotis
Visitor

i was hoping the same , any official statement??? and please don't say that this is impossible because then, your developers must been replaced 

a friend of mine put in his xperia z device custom rom ( cm11), and mirroring with wifi together work like a charm!!! it so sad because on samsung S4 ,S3 works perfect with the official firmware... give us a patch  and resolve this stupid malfunction.

if your developers don't know the way, maybe they must  learn from XDA.

we paid for this phone in Greece 700 euros, please respect us.

0ctane
Visitor

Can Sony Support please provide an update on this issue as it is clear that it is something that can be fixed.

Rickard
Master

This has been escalated to our development but the information i got is that Xperia Z/ZL/ZR will not be able to support this. I don't know the technical background for this and how it can work on CM though.

0ctane
Visitor

Hi Rickard,

Many thanks for the reply. At the very least would you be able to try and get an explanation from the development department....I think they owe us that much. I bought this phone for the very reason that I was led to believe it supported this and have spent money on a miracast receiver only to be disappointed like other customers.

I recently tested this function on my sisters Nexus 4 and my brothers HTC One and they both support the function flawlessly and retain the Wifi connection whilst using Miracast. 

I would also be grateful if you you could alter the status of this thread as it is marked as solved when it is not.

Thanks again for looking into this.

jimitake
Visitor

Is that the best answer you. can give us??? It's sound like, "Sorry guys you shouldn't spend your money for Sony Xperia Z, Z1..."
FrostyHo
Visitor

Utterly disappointed. I have been using Sony Mobile since 2006 and it is a good indication for the fan to move on..