Join now - be part of our community!

wifi during Screen mirroring

SOLVED
anirudhks
Visitor

wifi during Screen mirroring

Hi I knw that the wifi disconnects when u use the screen mirroring , but at the same time I also have a note 2 which has the tool called all sharecast but when I use that the wifi still works along with the screen mirroring  any solution to make this work on our XZ? technically its not impossible but there should be a way around i would like to use my wifi during screen  mirroring .. will this be addressed in the update ?

39 REPLIES 39
Rave
Visitor

My problem is fixed My xperia Z is 4.2 Firmware I setup my sony smart tv 32" and do wifi direct after that I have to streaming content on 3g data I was very sad thought that I have to add money to buy apple tv for airplay my Ipad so I search on internet if anyone can solve this problem, Nope its hopeless so, I, tried to mirror screen as usual then I come up with strange thought. I forgot wifi direct from phone with bravia but the mirracast still go on and my xz just automatic connect to internet wifi. SOLVED sorry for my weak english If u need help email 

Rave
Visitor

You have to forgot the direct wifi from the phone should be work, I did Winking_Face
0ctane
Visitor

How come the Xperia T can do this but the newer Z can't? I have been waiting for Sony's own IM10 miracast receiver to come out and now that it has launched I don't see the point in buying it as the whole point was to be able to display the phone on the tv and browse the internet or stream a movie. Is this a hardware issue? Why is there no explanation as to why this isn't possible when all the competitors phones can do it?

0ctane
Visitor

Considering this was one of the main reasons I purchased the Xperia Z I find it unacceptable that you can't use the miracast and WiFi at the same time. On top of the original cost of the phone, I have invested in two charging docks, several cases and most recently a miracast receiver only to have it confirmed that this feature is not possible. I also bought a Bluetooth keyboard with a view to browsing the internet whilst connected via miracast.

I had understood that the phone has dual antennas so is this just a software restriction? Given peoples investment in these products I think we deserve more of an explanation as to why this feature is not possible on the Z but works fine on the T.

Tags (2)
seansexperia
Visitor

Surprising and disappointing.  Regardless, I may have found a workaround.

- Ensure that BOTH your mobile data and wifi connections are already enabled on your phone.

- Start screen mirroring as normal.

- Mirroring starts and, as we know, you will be disconnected from your wi-fi (unfortunately).

- Once mirroring has started, TURN OFF THE MOBILE DATA.

Every time I've done the above, the phone bounces back to my router connection (while still maintaining the screen mirror).

If this works for all of us, then there's no reason why a firmware update can't fix the problem.

profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

@seansexperia wrote:

Surprising and disappointing.  Regardless, I may have found a workaround.

- Ensure that BOTH your mobile data and wifi connections are already enabled on your phone.

- Start screen mirroring as normal.

- Mirroring starts and, as we know, you will be disconnected from your wi-fi (unfortunately).

- Once mirroring has started, TURN OFF THE MOBILE DATA.

Every time I've done the above, the phone bounces back to my router connection (while still maintaining the screen mirror).

If this works for all of us, then there's no reason why a firmware update can't fix the problem.

Unfortunately it doesnt' work for me: as soon as I turn off mobile data, screen mirroring stops!

profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

@CoolRaoul wrote:

Unfortunately it doesnt' work for me: as soon as I turn off mobile data, screen mirroring stops!

Here's the message that pops up when turning off mobile data

error message

0ctane
Visitor

I was really hoping this would work but as soon as i turn off mobile data, a few seconds later the screen mirroring disconnects.

Tried it several times but no joy. I'm on the .244 firmware.

0ctane
Visitor

This is not solved and should not be marked as such.

profile.country.FR.title
cool_raoul

Did you notice "TV Launcher" notification, which pops up as soon as screen mirroring is active:

notificatications

TV Launcher is a special home screen, optimized for TV Display with mirroring:

TV Launcher

The presence of "Youtube" and others app icons requiring network connectivity is pretty useless in that case, since:

Youtube

(Note that you still may keep data connection active if you've got a generous data plan, but when at home with wifi network available this not an optimal option)