Join now - be part of our community!

Update Z5c failed, phone does not start, all tips tried out

SOLVED
chwoelm
Visitor

Update Z5c failed, phone does not start, all tips tried out

Dear all,

Today (!) I bought the Z5c after the desaster with Z3c (6 repairs in 14 month) my last try for Sony.

I connected to the computer (USB, no Hub) and while updating the firmware, I got a failure message on Computer screen (Win 10, latest Compagnion Version) and also on the phone, which does not work now.

Every tip I read here or in other forums (Fix this with the Companion Tool to reset the phone, Turn of and on the phone by using Power and Vol+, connect while holding Vol-, etc.) does not have helped. The result was the same for every thing I tried: Failure screens for the PC and the phone.

Using another computer with PC companion has not helped, the process was not initiated.

At the moment, I am loading the phone using the wall charger and the docking station. After turning of, it was reactivated immediately after connecting to the power and is now switching between the white logo screen and the black "software install failure" screen...

Again: I tried all tips given about using PC compagnion, an update or reset via WLAN or something else directly on the phone is not possible, because the phone cannot be used.

I am very desperate and regret now to have bought the phone. The Sony smartphones are the worst japanese products I ever bought...

Anyone here who can help???

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@chwoelm

I'm sorry to hear that, you might have to contact your Local support

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@chwoelm

I'm sorry to hear that, does the phone starts charging when you connect it to a computer (try multiple computers, cables and USB ports) 

Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi chwoelm,

Welcome to the community,

I am sorry to hear about this issue, this can happen when the connection you are using is temperamental causing loss of connection to servers.

In this case, reloading the software would be the only option, however you say  you have reset with PC Companion, so we can clarify can you please supply the steps you used to perform this task, where they the same instructions supplied in the link below.

Software repair instructions

chwoelm
Visitor

Hi Jake.
First of all thank you for your reply.
I can confirm that inclusive step 13 of the instructions everything went well. Within step 13 the failure appears. That is my problem.

chwoelm
Visitor

Dear Uliwooly.
Thank you for contributing.
I can confirm that the loading / charging process starts on different computers and with different cables.
This issue is very frustrating Even if you haven't used the new device for one second.

chwoelm
Visitor

Sorry for some misspellings because of the of my business Handy i5S

chwoelm
Visitor

This is the step where the failure appears:

Fail1.JPG

chwoelm
Visitor

This is the message after the failure:

Fail2.JPG

Retry does not help, this message will appear and appear again and again: The Firmware can not be downloaded; Proof the internet connection or try again later.

Fail3.JPG

This appears if firewall is active (Norton 360°) or inactive. Previous firmware updates via PC compagnion were without any complications, no changes or modifications to the PC were made, the internet connection is stable.

chwoelm
Visitor

After cancellation of the process, this screen appears:

Fail4.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@chwoelm

I'm sorry to hear that, you might have to contact your Local support