Join now - be part of our community!

System update seems to be stuck?

SOLVED
Elija
Visitor

System update seems to be stuck?

I started a system update about an hour ago and it is sitting on the white Sony Experia screen. The power button does not respond so I can't even interrupt the update to see if something crashed.

I only have Linux available so I couldn't use the PC update method so apart from disconnecting the phone from the charger and letting the battery die, is there anything I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Yeah, try pressing both power button and volume up at the same time, the phone should turn off. Turn it on again.

alexdon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Yeah, try pressing both power button and volume up at the same time, the phone should turn off. Turn it on again.

alexdon
Elija
Visitor

You sir, are a life saver.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

More like phone life saver, but glad it is fine now. :smileysmileythumbsup:

alexdon
Elija
Visitor

And data saver! I think I will finally get round to backing up the phone when the update is finished Grinning_Face

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Make it a "habit" from now on. It is important to have backups made every now and then.

alexdon
Elija
Visitor

Yeah I know. I have automated back ups of my PCs to a local server twice a day and a remote one every week. I've just not gotten around to setting up my phone back ups!

This is about to change!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

A nice way to have data backed up is using PC Companion or using google's servers, but you need to do it.

alexdon
Elija
Visitor

When it gets released for Linux

26-98
Visitor

Mine is stuck on the logo screen tried what you said with the volume button an power button but it just switched off an wend back to the logo screen again