Join now - be part of our community!

Strange Battery Behavior

Whippett
Visitor

Strange Battery Behavior

I just bought a second hand Sony Xperia Z3+ and was the most hyped ever about this phone.

The phone was claimed to be working in every way until I unpackaged it and found that the battery was misbehaving.

I put it on charge for the first time with it telling me it was on 93%. I was impressed as i have never had a phone sent to me with such power in the battery. Before i knew it i watched its power deplete to about 85% then say 0% with a red ! next to it only to shut off mid way through operation. The odd bit is here. I connected it to my SONY (R) Charger and it claimed that it had about 80% left in its battery.

From there I scoured the internet for answers like unplug and replug the charger, change charger  and calibrate the battery by charging it to 100% off then the same on. None of which worked. The two smartest answers I followed through with were to press the reset button on the inside of the sim card slot until it vibrates three times and repair option on Xperia Companion. Both to no prevail. Please help as soon as possible because I, with all my heart want to keep this phone in my posession and dont want my Sony Squad membership end not even 48 hours (while writing this) in.

1 REPLY 1
bluedigit9
Visitor

Maybe go to the service if it's under warranty.