Join now - be part of our community!

split screen

marikilla
Visitor

split screen

Hello, 2 years and 3 months ago I have the Z3, because of a drop the screen is broken, so the touch does not work. My question is, is it worth fixing the screen? I've asked in several places and the truth comes out quite expensive. I am told that this model is already out of print and that for the time it is not worth it. The truth is I'm a bit mixed because I do not know where to take it and give me a guarantee.

GT

2 REPLIES 2
ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @marikilla

Welcome to the community! 

In this instance, the best thing to do would be to get in contact with your Local support.

They will be able to refer to a service centre that will be able to repair the device, they may also be able to give you an idea on the price of the repair. 

Good luck Slightly_smiling_Face

leeroytandy
Visitor

Hi Marikila, 

I'm not sure which country you're in.  

The Z3 is a top of the range phone.  Unless you can afford another top of the range phone,  you will regret buying a new phone especially if you appreciate,  speed,  picture quality,  and all the nice things that come with top of the range phones. 

I prefer to repair mine because I can't afford the latest.  I still have my Xperia Z (4years) and Z3 (2,5years) and they are better than the new midrange phones that have just come out.  

I'd suggest you look on eBay,  Amazon or any of the Internet shops you have in your country. You will definitely find screens there. The quality might not be as good as an original Sony screen, but atleast you'll have a good working phone. I have taught myself to replace my own screen so i just go and buy and replace myself.