Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia z1 shutdown and overheating

SOLVED
Katkat05
Visitor

Sony xperia z1 shutdown and overheating

Good day, I owned a sony xperia z1 for almost a 3 years I guess? and it is the first time that my phone keeps shutting down and when i plug it, it shows that the battery has charged. The battery percentage drops dramatically. From 100% to 98% and when it heats up, it shuts down without warning message. My phone is in latest software update. I'm afraid to send it to sony service center because it will cost me a lot for just a battery replacement. I try all the things I read here like factory reset and open it in safe mode yet it keeps shutting down. Do you have an idea on how I fix it or should I really need to Xperia Service Center. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Katkat05 and welcome to the community!

You can try to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion as a last resort. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Follow the steps given in the blue link, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

If you still have the same issue after repairing, then unfortunately this will indicate a hardware issue and you'll have to contact your Local support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Katkat05 and welcome to the community!

You can try to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion as a last resort. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Follow the steps given in the blue link, do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable.

If you still have the same issue after repairing, then unfortunately this will indicate a hardware issue and you'll have to contact your Local support.

Katkat05
Visitor

I'm already performing pcc. Hope not a hardware issue. It will cost me a lot! I'll give you an update after this

Tags (1)
Sammed
Visitor

I have also same issue with my phone....your solution is not worked .....its Hardware problem....for this what we have to do.....please solution....