Join now - be part of our community!

Sony My Support Repairs

emack
Visitor

Sony My Support Repairs

Has anybody used the Sony "My Support" repair service? I'm slightly concerned that I may be getting ripped off by them as sent a Sony Z3 Compact for repair which would not switch on and told required new battery and screen....and the screen appeared fine when I sent it in. I have now sent a Z3+ to have the headphone jack repaired only to be told it requires a new battery??!! The battery in this device has never been an issue and holds charge well and there is no mention about the headphone jack. Has anybody else had "additional" work carried out they were not expecting?

The Z3 compact was out of warranty so had to pay for that and the Z3+ is in warranty but being told have to pay for the battery to be replaced.

I may be being too suspicious but interested to know if anybody else has had the same experience.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@emack

As much as anyone would like to give you an opinion each case its different and only your Local support can give you more details on whatthe issue might be, you could probably ask for details