Join now - be part of our community!

"Service started" appears every few minutes

SOLVED
Silvia222
Visitor

"Service started" appears every few minutes

The message "Service started" keeps popping up in a bubble on my screen the last few days and it happens s so often it is making my phone almost unusable.  I saw some previous replies to this problem that say to use safe mode but this was not a fix for the original posters. Is there a fix for this? It is so annoying as it appears on top of the keyboard -it appeared twice already since typing this message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tyw7
Visitor

Does the problem only occur recently?

I tracked mine down to the Wuntu app, which causes a popup in all my devices.  The app updated and it caused the message to pop up.

To troubleshoot the misbehaving app, try booting into safe mode first.  This can be done by pressing on the word "shutdown."  The word "safe mode" will display on the screen over your wallpaper.

If the "service started" error message disappears, it's due to a misbehaving app you recently installed or updated.  To exit safe mode, simply reboot the device.

Try uninstalling the one that you updated or installed the most recent and work your way backward until the message stopped.  Then you have found your culprit.

P.S. it wouldn't hurt to contact the developers of the offending app to try to get the problem fixed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tyw7
Visitor

Does the problem only occur recently?

I tracked mine down to the Wuntu app, which causes a popup in all my devices.  The app updated and it caused the message to pop up.

To troubleshoot the misbehaving app, try booting into safe mode first.  This can be done by pressing on the word "shutdown."  The word "safe mode" will display on the screen over your wallpaper.

If the "service started" error message disappears, it's due to a misbehaving app you recently installed or updated.  To exit safe mode, simply reboot the device.

Try uninstalling the one that you updated or installed the most recent and work your way backward until the message stopped.  Then you have found your culprit.

P.S. it wouldn't hurt to contact the developers of the offending app to try to get the problem fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
Silvia222
Visitor

I'm on 3 and did install wuntu a few days ago.  I'll try getting rid of it and let you know if it fixes it. Thank you! 

tyw7
Visitor

I too was plagued by the "service started" message after Wuntu updated.  After I uninstalled the app, the problem disappeared.  Hope it helps!

Silvia222
Visitor

Yes it was that! Thank you it's been driving me crazy! I will contact the wuntu people to let them know