SOLVED
tm1978
Visitor

New update

New firmware Z5 Compact 32.0.A.6.152.

51 REPLIES 51
Demon1521
Visitor

Updated yesterday too, much better performane and speed!
But that adaptive brightless bug is realy annoing...
Anamon2
Visitor

Do official changelogs usually appear somewhere? I'd like to have some more information about it before loading it… I haven't encountered most of the problems other people were having with the previous version, so I hope the upgrade wouldn't introduce anything. Improved performance and battery life always do sound nice, though.

Just two quick questions:

• This always-on "Ok Google" feature has opt-out, right? Not keen on stuff inadvertently ending up in my Google Voice Search archive, and it can't be good for battery life either.
  • What is this adaptive brightness bug that has been mentioned? I use adaptive brightness, and haven't noticed any issues, in fact it seemed much more responsive and reliable than on the Z1C I've used before.
Demon1521
Visitor

I newer use adaptive brightless, phome always hawe 100% brightless, but when i unblock screen it is not on 100% but around 70% and in some 1 minute it becames on max brightless, and sometimes its lowing it, idk why.
About official changelog, wait for OTA update, there must be seen whats new in update. Atleast it was in Z2 like that.
MickieH
Visitor

I'm in the UK, with an unbranded Z5, and couldn't wait for the UK Customized firmware to be released, so I flashed the CE5 region firmware, and it's much better.

Phone is generally snappier, with much less lagging.

Hope the battery life is better, and less heating. Fingers crossed.

Veablo
Visitor

My device seems to have some problems with data connections after the update. Both wifi and 4g. When waking it up all my apps are telling me there are no connection. My wifi icon often have a warning sign on it. Any one else?
Skev
Visitor

I had what sounds like the same problem, however since switching my WiFi between my hub and my extender, seems the problem has gone away.  I've restarted the phone and no connection problems still. 

Not sure whether that helps or  not. 

Demon1521
Visitor

Yeah, i hawe that problem too, and if in Stamina mode is turned in Extended Standby after waking up phone wifi and 4g icons start to recive data normaly, but when try use internet it shows no connection, restarting mobile data or wifi and all work fine.
SebastianD
Contributor

I personally have more problems with the "Adaptive Brightness" bug than before.

I need to change the brightness (or cover the light sensor) many times per day to fix the gamma after unlocking the phone. 

Tried to disable "Adaptive Brightness" but didn't help, because I'm constantly switching between outdoor (sun light) and indoor (low light) so this is not an option. 

Veablo
Visitor

Regarding my connection problem. All gone after doing a repair with PC companion.
Skev
Visitor

Seems my connection issues are still about sometimes. I take it the repair wipes your phone (not the SD)?