Join now - be part of our community!

Model D5503 freezes when using Contacts App

SOLVED
Mervyn11
Visitor

Model D5503 freezes when using Contacts App

Can anyone help?  I have a very unstable device which locks up everytime I use the Contacts App.
the only way out is to close down and restart where everything else works OK excpet when I look up a contact when it freezes again

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @Mervyn11, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

I would recommend that you reset the Contacts application in your phone. This will not delete any of your contacts as it will only reset the application itself.

To do that, go to Settings > Apps > scroll to the right until you see "All" > scroll down and find "Contacts" > Clear data > OK. When it has been done, try opening up the application again.

Let me know if that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jonas
Master

Hi @Mervyn11, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

I would recommend that you reset the Contacts application in your phone. This will not delete any of your contacts as it will only reset the application itself.

To do that, go to Settings > Apps > scroll to the right until you see "All" > scroll down and find "Contacts" > Clear data > OK. When it has been done, try opening up the application again.

Let me know if that helps!

Mervyn11
Visitor

I think I am now OK as similar to your suggestion, I deleted 70% of my contacts on my PC so reducing considerable the size of the data on the mobile.   This seems to have put right the stability problem

Jonas
Master

Hi again!

I'm glad to hear that everything is working now and as far as I know there should not be a limit to how many contacts you can have in your device as long as you have enough free storage on the internal storage.

Should you add them again and that you start to experience the same behaviour, try my suggestion or let me know and I will look further into this! Slightly_smiling_Face

Have a great weekend!