Join now - be part of our community!

I have four Xperia z5 compact, now all overheating

UGLYDOLL
Visitor

I have four Xperia z5 compact, now all overheating

Ever since the latest update, all four of my Xperia z5 compacts (one in each color) are now running much hotter and slower. Forget taking quick photos of children... Or typing quickly on the keyboard ,
Two are from Hong Kong, two from the UK.
What's happening Sony?
(I have a 5th one from Japan, docomo version, and it's fine...most likely because they are so slow to update, so it's still on an older build number).

The 253 update on z5c needs to be fixed, I had zero heat on this phone before.
Sony, do you plan on fixing this?
22 REPLIES 22
Kokila
Visitor

HELLO EVERYONE,
I have xperia Z5 compact. It's having lot of heating problem. While browsing and playing games. Is it normal? Or is there any solution for this problem
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

I use a phone for calling the pizza store or pranking Buckingham Palace, and I use my laptop to play games.

Martin20
Visitor

ive found my z5 compact overheating etc with this .305 firmware.

so i went back to the .253 and the phone is much better.

when will new firmware come out that fixes this issue.

Maksudantar
Visitor

My xperia z5 premium after nougat update becone overheat, slow in operation and standby mode it discharge marshmallow was best
Deadeye22
Visitor

Mine overheats while texting, browsing or even watching 480p videos on youtube with NO background apps and most apps disables... Oh and as everyone thinks its a miracle solver, the same happens in safe mode
Nemecek
Visitor

I am using my Z5c for almost 1 year and in last months, it started overheating after latest program updates. It's model is E5803 and os is Android 7.0 and when I check the software status, it says it is already updated. I do not play any games or watch movies using my phone. In my case, the problem starts when I activate bluetooth. It starts overheating and battery life decreases rapidly.

Bodmark
Visitor

Sadly.... I think that Sony has given up on the Z series... It's evident that the  810  cpu has always had problems with getting hot, but throwing Nougat on top...It's too much.

Sony don't and will NOT respond to the battery/heat issue...

As they can't fix it.

All they can do is cut the Cpu power, to prevent ...which is doesn't...sorry...try to control the heat issue..

The z series is now a great mobile-if you don't use it.. (that was sarcasm)

And for those out there on the forum who still think the heat and poor battery life issues are not a problem... I ask you to go out and borrow a phone from another manufacturer for a week ... then tell me that 4 hours screen on time in 24 hours is good! It's terrible! 

All this talk about doing a clean install, safe mode, clearing cache... it shouldn't be necessary. 

I just wish Sony would hold their hands up.

pravi
Visitor

There has been a confusion regarding processor cores. And any info on this hasn't been proved that it's true that cores r made inactive. But the processor speed got underclocked to 1.5 in N which was 1.9ghz in MM.. Onto my observations.. Only 5 cores r active..inwhich fifth one comes into play only for few secs to minutes when we put the device under stress!! BUT this isn't the effective way to deal with the heat produced in the device.. MM HANDLED IT BEST WHEN IT COMES TO CAMERA AND VIDEO AT HIGHER TEMPS IN WHICH 6 CORES R ACTIVE AND CPU WAS CLOCKED AT 1.9 GHZ.. 

Yes!!  It's a shame that Sony made this device par below a mid range..im afraid if this trend continues in future devices and users like us wil.be. Left with no choice except to go for ios or some other more reliable brand ( Nope!  Not Samsung).. Im sure that Xz premium wil also hit this criteria after 1 yr of its release.. Mark my Words _ Xz premium isn't an exception for this... I used to deal with Sony devices from.x10i days to z series.and I has been the successful victim of this.trust me.. U pay for a high end device and u endup with a mid range device at the end of software support!! I don't care whether they consider this post or not... since commercial marketing and software assistance r completely different departments.. But this will make it to their list of recoveries or -to do list-at the end of the day. Regards Sony!! 

Laju
Visitor

Browsing Internet and watching YouTube at that time my xperia Z5 overheating,any solution for this complient 

Lexile
Visitor

My Z5C overheats when I browse this forum. It's unbelievable. This needs to be addressed. It's not hard to release a small CPU speed downgrade as an update. Performance would suffer a small downgrade (20% of the time), while resulting in better performance most of the time.