Join now - be part of our community!

Fragile back of the Xperia Z3 Compact

SOLVED
Volksreiter
Visitor

Fragile back of the Xperia Z3 Compact

Gestern war ich mit meinem PKW im Wald, um zum Joggen zu gehen. Beim Aussteigen aus dem Fahrzeug ist mir das Smartphone aus der Sporthosentasche gefallen. Die Sturzhöhe betrug etwa 70 cm. Offensichtlich traf das Smartphone beim Aufschlagen auf den geschotterten Untergrund auf einen spitzen Stein. Dabei ist die Rückseite des Smartphones, die noch mit der Folie ab Werk versehen ist, zersplittert. Die Folie ist zwar noch intakt, jedoch ist eine deutliche Delle in der Oberfläche zu spüren. Ich war natürlich entsetzt, welch schwerwiegende Folgen ein Sturz aus so geringer Höhe bei meinem erst vor einer Woche neu gekauften Smartphone ausgelöst hat. Nun frage ich mich, ob ich einen Fehlkauf getätigt habe. Eigentlich bin ich der Meinung, dass ein wasser- und staubdichtes Gerät auch eine gewisse Mindeststabilität gegen kleinere mechanische Belastungen aufweisen sollte. Ich habe das Gerät gekauft, weil es sehr kompakte Abmessungen hat. Daher kommt für mich eine dicke weich gepolsterte Hülle als Schutz nicht in Frage.

Translation via Google translate:
Yesterday I was in the forest with my car to go for jogging. When I got off the car, the smartphone from the Sporthosentasche fallen. The fall height was about 70 cm. Obviously, the smartphone hit a pointed stone when striking the gravelled ground. The back of the smartphone, which is still provided with the foil ex works, is fragmented. The film is still intact, but a clear dent in the surface can be felt. I was, of course, horrified, which serious consequences a fall from so low height with my new bought a smartphone a week ago. Now I wonder if I have made a mistake. Actually, I am of the opinion that a water and dustproof device should also have a certain minimum stability against smaller mechanical loads. I bought the device because it has very compact dimensions. Therefore, for me a thick softly padded cover as protection is not questionable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Volksreiter and welcome to the community!

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Sorry to hear about your phone. It's not about the height of the drop, it's all about the angle and the surface it dropped on. And Xperia Z3 compact, while being water and dust resistant, is not advertised as a rugged phone that's shock-proof, especially with its glass back panel.

What you may do now in contacting your Local support and check how it will go with repairing and warranty, they are well informed about this issue.

bear in mind that, depending on the severity of damage, your phone might not be still water and dust resistant until it's properly repaired.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Volksreiter and welcome to the community!

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Sorry to hear about your phone. It's not about the height of the drop, it's all about the angle and the surface it dropped on. And Xperia Z3 compact, while being water and dust resistant, is not advertised as a rugged phone that's shock-proof, especially with its glass back panel.

What you may do now in contacting your Local support and check how it will go with repairing and warranty, they are well informed about this issue.

bear in mind that, depending on the severity of damage, your phone might not be still water and dust resistant until it's properly repaired.