Join now - be part of our community!

Fleeing percentages after charging the battery

ewe7
Visitor

Fleeing percentages after charging the battery

Hello, for about 2-3 weeks I have a problem with the battery. When the battery shows 100%, I take the phone charger out of the socket and turn on my phone. The battery shows 100%, I lay the phone on a table (I don't use it for 10-15 minutes) and after a while the battery shows even 90%. Why is it like that? I have the same settings from the moment of buying the phone (more than one year), no app, bluetooth or wi-fi is on. Did anyone have the same problem or know what is going on and why? Why do the percentages flee even when I don't use my phone immediately after charging it? Please help Slightly_smiling_Face

2 REPLIES 2
kprueckl
Visitor

I think this is the same as I explained here: /t5/Music/Extraordinary-battery-drain-during-music-playback-on-Z2/td-p/1243452

I have no proof yet, but I think that a Google Play Services update made battery runtime bad.

Did a full restart with a repair installation and not recovering settings (starting fresh), with only a slight improvement.

Do you also see Play Services as top consumer?

kprueckl
Visitor

Not sure if it was another Google Play Services update or the change for the Google "location" setting from "high accuracy" to "battery saving", but my Z2 luckily does not get warm anymore during music playback (with display off) and the heavy battery drain has now also stopped more or less.

Anyhow, Stamina mode CPU power reduction seems to be useless: with "System Monitor Lite" app, I've always used the feature to verify the percentage of runtime in different CPU clock states and before it was high majority in "Deep sleep" and sometimes 300MHz. During the time of those reported issues, it was up to 15% in 2,3GHz mode, which was likely burning battery heavily. Now with either the update or really this "location" change, I'm back to 70% Deep Sleep and 27% 300MHz.