Join now - be part of our community!

Finger print scanner not working Xperia z5 dual

amd_2012
Visitor

Finger print scanner not working Xperia z5 dual

HI Sony

My brother using Xperia z5 dual.  His phone finger print scanner stopped work after android 6 update.  I asked this question before. But Sony said this is a hardware issue.  And last few days I checked his phone issue.  I did Sony software for full install.  I did fresh install few times.  Then finger print scanner works well.  but after I updat my phones apps it didn't work.  So I tried one by one. Then I found if I install the Google play services to new update suddenly fingerprint scanner stopped working.  Please Sony can you fix this issue?  We changed the scanner last year from Sony center. But problem never solved.  Can you guys please fix this Google play services and scanner issue?  I checked this after I did few tests for his phone.   Please fix this bug. This is not the hardware issue. It's a Sony software issue. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@amd_2012

Google play services app does not cause this as far as I know, as it's present by default on all Android phones and if your statement is true then ALL Z5 phones out there should have the same issue.

I'm suspecting 2 things, one thing is the probability of another app causing this. So start troubleshooting by restarting your phone into safe mode, this will disable all installed 3rd party apps. If the problem is resolved then one of your installed apps is causing this issue and you have to figure out which one (Google Play Services app is not disabled in safe mode).

The other thing is your phone's customization version, some markets like the USA get the scanner disabled by software. You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* then tap on "Software info".

amd_2012
Visitor

Hello

I checked this Google play services.  If I disable the body detection from Google play services finger print sensor works well after the restart the phone.  I didn't installed any other apps.  Just updated the Google play service from Google and check its happen.  if I disable the body sensor finger print is working. I checked this one several times.