Join now - be part of our community!

Dual SIM card problem, SIM 1 not working properly

SOLVED
misstigrie_87
Visitor

Dual SIM card problem, SIM 1 not working properly

Hi everybody,

I have a Sony Xperia Z5 Dual since August 16. I have a problem since approx. one month : the SIM card 1 is not working properly.

Sometimes, I can use it for a while, and it suddenly gets deactivated because the phone doesn't recognize the card anymore or says that there's no card in the tray. Sometimes I already have problems when I turn my phone on, I'm not asked to type the pin code and the SIM Card is disabled, and sometimes the card is detected and I'm asked to type the code, but when I type it nothing happens.

I tried to exchange both cards and the problem is the same. The cards work perfectly in other phones and in the SIM tray 2.

Should I send my phone to customer service ? I bought it on the Internet on a foreign website as dual sim phones don't exist in the shops my country, so it's quite complicated...

Thank you for your help

Best regards

13 REPLIES 13
Lizzie1
Visitor

HI Jonas,

Thank you for your assistance.

Yes, I am aware that only one sim card can access mobile data, thanks for clarifying anyhow.

My issue is with below (For unit-Xperia XZ Premium Dual)

Xperia XZs Dual and Xperia XZ Premium Dual all three supports one LTE network and one 3G/WCMDA network at the same time (only one SIM card can have access to mobile data).-

I have tried to set one on WCMDA(preferred)/GSM and it is "automatically" setting the other sim to GSM only. Unfortunately, none work on GSM any longer here in Australia.

Hence, at any point in time only one sim is working. I can provide a screenshot to show you or is there any service centre here in Melbourne I can go to to get this sorted? This is a new phone purchased recently.

Liz

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Lizzie1, thanks for the information.

That sounds very strange. I just checked in a XZ Premium Dual and when I had one SIM card set to LTE preferred and put the other one at LTE preferred it asked if I wanted to change which card is used for data and I choose to not do that and it automatically was set to WCDMA/GSM, however in your XZ Premium Dual it goes to GSM instead of WCDMA/GSM, is that correct?

If that is the case, can you set the card that goes to GSM as your data card and see if you then can use LTE on that card and see if the other card uses WCDMA instead of GSM?

You can also check with another SIM card if you have the possibility to do that.

Regarding service centres in Melbourne, I would recommend that you get in contact with your Local support team. I work globally and they will be able to provide you with a more detailed answer.

Lizzie1
Visitor

Hi Jonas,

My unit is Z5 Premium not XZ Premium.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will contact our local support office and hopefully they can have this sorted bec im really not happy.

Jonas
Master

Oh, I see.

The Xperia Z5 Premium Dual only supports one network as LTE/WCDMA and the other network will need to be GSM at all times.

However the XZ Dual, XZs and XZ Premium Dual supports one LTE and one WCDMA network at the same time.

So in your case, since the GSM network is no longer available in Australia, you can only use the phone with one SIM card. Slightly_frowning_Face

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause for you.