Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Lag

Jehdz
Visitor

Bluetooth Lag

When you play music using bluetooth there is a lag or skipping in music. Like 1 sec. skipping in every 1-3 minutes or sometimes 30secs - up. I think the problem is the android lollipop. Kindly fix this in your next firmware. i usde to connect my z5 in jbl xtreme. my huawei telpad running android kitkat has no problem in playing music using bluetooth. But my z5 and my wife's asus selfie running android lollilop there is a lag or skipping problem.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Have tested this with other bluetooth speakers or stereo?
Jehdz
Visitor

nope but i tested the tablet which runs kitkat, the z5 and the asus. both z5 and asus runs android lollipop and there is a lag or skipping like 1 sec. in music. but the tablet no lag at all

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

That's rather odd, but if you Google Android lollipop Bluetooth issues, you will find quite interesting problems, it seems that it might be an android issue
Zumi_
Visitor

I am also experiencing bluetooth lags / stuttering. This happens while my Z5C is connected to the SBH20 Headset or some other Creative (aptX) speakers. As uiliwooly mentioned, there's heaps of posts about android lollipop bluetooth issues over the internet.

Some other users have this issue as well: http://forum.xda-developers.com/z5-compact/help/bluetooth-audio-stuttering-t3259992

@Sony, please fix this lagging bluetooth issue.

JohanKB
Visitor

Ever since the last systemupdate on the 9th of March I have the same issue with My Xperia 5. Doesn't matter if it's while in the car (supports both audio and phone bt) or using a standalone speaker (supports only music).

It doesn't happen always but I'm not able to figure out what affects it. I've turned off WiFi, moved the phone around, restarted it, removing the accessories from BT and then add it again, fiddled around with the BT & cast-settings. (can't seem to clear the bluetooth-sharing data though - no such option). 

Sometimes I think I've figured it out only to get it back a few minutes later.

desdat
Visitor

I have the same problem with my Xperia X phone that's brand new.  I can play music locally on the phone perfectly fine, connect up to car's bluetooth and it skips every 10 seconds to 1 minute