Join now - be part of our community!

Battery Issue

SOLVED
Julian9
Visitor

Battery Issue

Last night my phone went dead. It was quite scary. After the battery drained to 0%,  it would not charge properly.  If I plugged it in it would first show the standard red charging animation but then it would continue to show the Sony logo with a white background two times for about 2 seconds and then the screen would turn off. Afterwards the phone would not charge or show to be charging. Pressing the power button quickly or for minutes, with the phone plugged in or not would not show any reaction at all. 

After about an hour of trying my phone magically started charging with a non Sony charger.  The next morning after the phone had been charging for about 7 hours the battery had only reached 89% and my battery usage showed a rather unique chart.

What is wrong with my battery/phone. Do I need to have my battery replaced?

-JulianScreenshot_20170605-151239.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pravi
Visitor

Julian9 wrote:

Last night my phone went dead. It was quite scary. After the battery drained to 0%,  it would not charge properly.  If I plugged it in it would first show the standard red charging animation but then it would continue to show the Sony logo with a white background two times for about 2 seconds and then the screen would turn off. Afterwards the phone would not charge or show to be charging. Pressing the power button quickly or for minutes, with the phone plugged in or not would not show any reaction at all. 

After about an hour of trying my phone magically started charging with a non Sony charger.  The next morning after the phone had been charging for about 7 hours the battery had only reached 89% and my battery usage showed a rather unique chart.

Get a new charger with an output of 2.0 A(amperes) things related to charging  (regarding ur issue)will get to normal again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
disimes95
Contributor

Try to check the battery health:

Dial

*#*#7378423#*#*

Then

service tests- > battery health test

pravi
Visitor

Julian9 wrote:

Get a new charger with an output of 2.0 A(amperes) things related to charging  (regarding ur issue)will get to normal again.

NeoBeum
Enthusiast

@pravi wrote:

@Julian9 wrote:

Screenshot_20170605-151239.png

@NeoBeum wrote:
@XperiaZ5usee wrote:
Screenshot_20170530-234845.png

This is the best battery graph I have ever seen

mmmmm... I can't decide which one I like better....

Rujjo
Visitor

I need advice because I can not help you anymore. Maja Xperia Z5 I was overheating and my battery lasted for a maximum of 6 hours after I used the phone and I had to run Stamina too, so I deleted the phone from production and renewed my backups. But there is another problem not showing me all the photos in the gallery and even those I'm just going to do and can not even see them after the departure in the upper left corner where they should be looked into. Please help and advice.