Join now - be part of our community!

China Telecom SIM card problem

SOLVED
Champgne_v
Visitor

China Telecom SIM card problem

I am using China Telecom SIm card but my XZ premium can't recognise it. I understand this problem cos this telecome company uses different mobile network system.  How can I solve it?  Thx

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

I am afraid it is not up to Sony Mobile in this case, it will be up to the network operator. I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
CameronT
Champion

Hi @Champgne_v, I am sorry to hear this.

Does it work with other network SIM cards?

Champgne_v
Visitor

@CameronT wrote:

Hi @Champgne_v, I am sorry to hear this.

Does it work with other network SIM cards?

Hi Cameron,

Other China operators's (China Mobile, China Unicorn)  work fine but only China Telecom

I searched some Chinese forum about this issue that all XZ Premium who wanna use it with China Telecom also encountered with this problem.

And one more issue is that, when I use wifi in China that needed me to authentication, and personal hotspot by my Nokia 6, the symbol (WiFi symbol) show no problem. But after that it show a "X" on the top right corner and after connected then a pop-up message need me to confirm if I still use it even no connection. But the fact is, although the message mentioned I have no internet connection but I still can use. It's pretty strange.

Would you please solve them, thank you. 

LIEW16
Visitor

Hi,

We cannot use Google directly in China, and you get the "x" just because of that...

Actually there's a way to remove that "x" if you think it's annoying, but I dont recommend though

Champgne_v
Visitor

@LIEW16 wrote:

Hi,

We cannot use Google directly in China, and you get the "x" just because of that...

Actually there's a way to remove that "x" if you think it's annoying, but I dont recommond though

you don't need to recommed and this is not the most important issue I'm having

LIEW16
Visitor

sure, good luck with your issue then~

CameronT
Champion

@Champgne_v,

If it works with other SIM cards, but not China Telecom, it would appear that it is not compatible on the China Telecom network. I am afraid I do not have a way to change that fact.

As @LIEW16 said, there's restrictions on Google in China, and that can cause you some difficulties as you will not be able to sign in to a Google account that is enabled on your phone.

Champgne_v
Visitor

@CameronT wrote:

@Champgne_v,

If it works with other SIM cards, but not China Telecom, it would appear that it is not compatible on the China Telecom network. I am afraid I do not have a way to change that fact.

As @LIEW16 said, there's restrictions on Google in China, and that can cause you some difficulties as you will not be able to sign in to a Google account that is enabled on your phone.

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for your reply. 
Would Sony  push some update so that the phone can be capable for all operator?

Meanwhile, Lantern VPN works fine with my phone so I have no problem to sign in to Google accound Slightly_smiling_Face

CameronT
Champion

I am afraid it is not up to Sony Mobile in this case, it will be up to the network operator. I apologise for the inconvenience this is causing you. 

ChinaUser
Visitor

I have the same problem with my new Sony Xperia Compact. I also have a China Telecom SIM Card and I cannot log into the network, means I cannot use this card.

The explanation of this behaviour can be found here:

https://www.frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/4azan/china-telecom-china/devices?utf8=%E2%9C%9...

According to the table the model H8324 cannot be used for China Telecom.

So its really a problem of the model.

Tags (1)