Join now - be part of our community!

Can you press the XZ power button underwater?

XZOwner
Visitor

Can you press the XZ power button underwater?

I just got my new Xperia XZ, after having an M2 for two years. I am usually very obsessive about keeping new things completely undamaged and in nice condition. Now, upon closer inspection of the phone, I noticed that on the power button, I can see the internal wider part of the power button a tiny bit. I am worried about is it how it's supposed to be, does it affect waterproofing and I was also wondeeing can I press the buttons while underwater, especially the power button. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@XZOwner

you shouldn't use the phone underwater.

CameronT
Champion

Hi @XZOwner

Xperia XZ is water resistant and protected against dust, so don’t worry if you get caught in the rain or want to wash off dirt under the faucet water, but remember all ports and attached covers should be firmly closed. You should not put the device completely underwater; or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water, or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty. The device has been tested under Ingress Protection rating IP65/68. For more info, see www.sonymobile.com/waterresistant. Note the Xperia XZ has a capless USB port to connect and charge. The USB port must be completely dry before charging.

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz/specifications/

Not applicable

@XZOwner wrote:
I just got my new Xperia XZ, after having an M2 for two years. I am usually very obsessive about keeping new things completely undamaged and in nice condition. Now, upon closer inspection of the phone, I noticed that on the power button, I can see the internal wider part of the power button a tiny bit. I am worried about is it how it's supposed to be, does it affect waterproofing and I was also wondeeing can I press the buttons while underwater, especially the power button. Thanks.

I agree with CameronT and Uliwooly. XZ and others device with IP65/68 it's not created for trips to under water, it's rather protection againts rain, to wash off dirt and ect., but not for experiments under water Slightly_smiling_Face It's the same like with screen protection, screen is protected againts small drawing, but it doesn't mean that you should to draw on screen or it's safe to drop on the floor it Slightly_smiling_Face

In all situation you should protect your smartphone from these accidents neither to test it or to use it inconsiderate, coz your smartphone have protection Slightly_smiling_Face

xzowner007
Visitor

https://youtu.be/ZTSKqPIxC_A

inside the sony xz. rubber gasket behind power button 

@XZOwner wrote: