Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X10 2.1 update got failed during updation process in India(Hyderabad)

Not applicable

Xperia X10 2.1 update got failed during updation process in India(Hyderabad)

Dear Experts,

Today Morning I have connected Xperia X10i  to the computer PC Companion popup opens for 2.1 update. I fallowed the instructions and took backup in the third step after downloading new software while updating a popup window appeared "unable to Update try later" the phone is still connected to the PC and Internet connection is also fine. I have disconnected from PC then it is asking for step 3(switch off phone then press and hold back button step) again did that no Luck. Now the phone is not starting at all I think it formatted all the software..My phone is almost in dead condition. Now if I connected to the PC it is detecting as a mass storage and PC companion is not at all recognizing

2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Sounds like something unexpected happened during the update (connection loss..) I would try repair the phone software, since you've made the backup you should be able to restore it after repair.

Start PC Companion with phone disconnected/turned off ->Start Support Zone->Start Software Update->Click on Repair Phone and follow the instructions on PC. Good luck!

Not applicable

Thanks...

I have downloaded "http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=..." update service and installed and this recognizes phone and update and restore went fine...currently checking out new features of 2.1:)