Join now - be part of our community!

XA1 Ultra rapid battery drain

SOLVED
DasBymas
Visitor

XA1 Ultra rapid battery drain

My G3226 XA1 Ultra began experiencing massive battery drain literally overnight several months ago. There was no change in settings or new apps installed, the phone just stopped holding a charge. Battery will show 100% on standby but after fifteen to twenty minutes the phone will have turned off due to low battery. When the phone is restarted it will show 1% charge remaining and charge extremely slowly back up to 100%. At the time I assumed it was the battery and replaced it only to experience the exact same issue with the new battery. I then tried the software repair function in the Xperia companion with no results. If I disconnect the battery after it dies and reconnect it, the battery life shows 95% or so and then begins to rapidly drain again which leads me to believe that this is a software issue and not a battery issue. Over the last few months I've tried the software repair function several times and always no change. The phone is currently at 48.1.A.2.73. Fully charged battery life shows 2 hours remaining and only 4 hours, 46 minutes if switched to Ultra Stamina mode. The phone doesn't show any power consuming apps as it is always in standby with the screen off.

I would appreciate any help you can give   Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DasBymas
Visitor

Based on all the posts, the trend appears to be that the issue appears shortly after a software update from Sony. Given that Sony has been ignoring posts here as well as emails regarding the issue, I would guess that this is a case of planned obsolescence, whereby Sony is "encouraging" users to buy a newer Xperia. 

Regardless, I moved to a Pixel after Sony wouldn't assist with my Xperia problem and I haven't looked back since.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
VicCut
Visitor

Tengo el mismo problema y no se como resolverlo 

I have the same problem and I do not know how to solve it

gt

JorgeRiveros
Visitor

Hi people, I'm having the same issue since 4 months ago.

Just after the warranty expired. Suddenly the battery start drains super fast, like in 40 minutes it went off. 

Now I bought a new battery, was installed and the same symptoms started with the new battery. 

Looks like this happened after a Sonny update but I'm not sure.

HAVE ANYONE ANY IDEA HOW TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?

REGARDS

JORGE

ANDROC4
Visitor

I have the model xperia xa1 ultra (g3223), I have the similar problem for a week began to run out the bataria being at rest faster than normal, I have the same load it was very slow (although this has gradually stabilized normal) but the discharge being at rest if it is noticeable, the last update was in November so I do not think that's it.
What I do see as suspicious is that I started with this ruling just after the warranty period ended.

Anusha21
Visitor

I am having the exact same problem, the battery drains out very quickly, a full charge only lasted an hour and half. i had a simmilar prolem a few months ago and sent my phone in for a repair and the problem was fixed, but now im experiencing the same thing over again. i am not sure why this is as there has been no change to any of the apps i have been using. My phone i still under warranty so i am considering sedng it back in.

lambo1
Visitor

HI 

I am having the same problem very fast discharge of battery. Has anyone been able to fix the problem ??

OldschoolC
Visitor

I have the same issue, it started last night. Went from 40% to 0% in under 20 minutes, but was not warm at all. Model G3223.

It charges very very slowly, but drops just as quick when I take off the charger. The phone was working normally until yesterday. I think this may be software, the phone had not had enough use to justify wearing out the battery, and even if it did, this would happen a bit more gradually.

If anyone has a fix, please post

ohno1
Visitor

I have the same problem since last week, battery drop 2-3% every minutes. I replaced the battery on the mobile repair centre, but battery problem still appear......

Any solution??

OldschoolC
Visitor

After seeing that replacing the battery and even doing factory resets wasn't working for a lot of people with this issue, I simply bought a Nokia 7.1

Not the solution I wanted, hope you have some luck.

ohno1
Visitor

I found the record... the battery is consume normally from 100 to 60% ..... then will drop from 50 to 0% very very quicly (witin half an hour) .....