Join now - be part of our community!

XA Ultra charges very slow

SOLVED
Daddy_Daryl
Visitor

XA Ultra charges very slow

My xa ultra is really giving me headache. Most of the time it is very hard to charge even using other charger. 2 days ago it drained real fast even during plugged in the outlet. then I can't power it on for 2 days straight, it is plugged in but only red light is appearing. Today I was surprised it charged 1% and is charging very slow for like 5 hours only 10%! I read many info about xa ultra and it seems many users encounter the same issue! Are there any solutions or update??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi again @Daddy_Daryl!

That sounds very strange, however please follow the recommendation given by @Roadrunny76 to try and get the device running again.

If you still aren't able to power on the device, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. Do note that if the battery is completely drained, the software repair may not be possible to do and in that case you will need to get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

Keep us posted! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Jonas
Master

Hi @Daddy_Daryl, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Are you charging the device using a wall mounted charger and the original cable that was included together with your device, or are you charging it using a USB port? The wall mounted charger will charge the device a bit faster compared to using a USB port as the output is higher.

If you haven't tried charging the device when it's powered off I recommend doing that and you can also try charging it while it's rebooted in safe mode, just so we can make sure that a downloaded application isn't the cause of the device charging slowly.

Let me know how it goes! Slightly_smiling_Face

NealR
Visitor

Slow charging is typically due to using a cheap USB cable and/or charging it from a PC USB port.

For optimal charging results, charge from an actual electrical outlet, using the plug and cable that came with the device.  If you no longer have the supplied cable, then do not replace it with one of those cheepie cables that are sold in convenience store.  Use a high-quality cable, such as Anker. 

Daddy_Daryl
Visitor

Hi @Jonas,

Yes I am using sony charger and I tried using other charger like huawei but still the same result. I encountered worse issue, it was 37% then I was playing 4 pics 1 word then suddenly my mobile vibrated and the battery instantly went to 0% so it shut down! Now I'm back to black screen with red dot I can't open my mobile and I believe it's not charging because I don't see the SOny logo with white background.

Daddy_Daryl
Visitor

Even I use cheap cable it should be charging but I use sony charger, huawei charger, toshiba charger and results are still the same. Now the battery is empty and I only see red light on top but I don't see it charging.

@NealR
Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

@Daddy_Daryl

Try this: unplugged, hold the volume up and power button together until phone vibrates 3 times. Plug it and let it there for a couple of hours. If that doesn't work, most probably you have a faulty battery that needs replaced.

Good luck! 

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Daddy_Daryl!

That sounds very strange, however please follow the recommendation given by @Roadrunny76 to try and get the device running again.

If you still aren't able to power on the device, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. Do note that if the battery is completely drained, the software repair may not be possible to do and in that case you will need to get in touch with your Local support team so they can arrange a repair for you.

Keep us posted! Slightly_smiling_Face

Daddy_Daryl
Visitor

@NealR

I used Anker cable and there's sign of life it's now charging 5% and I'm gonna wait it out hopefully it goes 100%

Jonas
Master

Hi @Daddy_Daryl, I just got back from my vacation, how did it go for you? Were you able to get the device running again?

Keep me posted!

Daddy_Daryl
Visitor

yes I went to a technician and he repaired the port, he told me the problem was the port is loose that's why I have charging issues. Thank you for the support!