Join now - be part of our community!

help

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
denny7
New

help

3 questions can anyone tell me if the sony s tablet can connect to the tv via the usb. 2 can a hard drive be connected to the tablet. 3 can the tablet play avi files straight from the sd card slot  these are important to me before i buy thanks oh yes is ics  now in ireland thanks again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpattenden
New

Denny,

No the tablet cannot connect to the tv via usb - this is for storage only. For connection to the tv you would need some sort of DNLA device and then 'throw' to that - I have a media player that can perform this, some TV's can including some not all of the bravia's.

Yes you can connect a portable hard drive via the usb (you may need seperate power for the drive though) you will also need an OTG (on the go) cable you can pick these up very cheap on ebay.

You may need a seperate app - can't remember if the native app plays avi - but these are readily available and can play direct from SD card.

I believe ICS is now available in Ireland.

HTH

Padster

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mpattenden
New

Denny,

No the tablet cannot connect to the tv via usb - this is for storage only. For connection to the tv you would need some sort of DNLA device and then 'throw' to that - I have a media player that can perform this, some TV's can including some not all of the bravia's.

Yes you can connect a portable hard drive via the usb (you may need seperate power for the drive though) you will also need an OTG (on the go) cable you can pick these up very cheap on ebay.

You may need a seperate app - can't remember if the native app plays avi - but these are readily available and can play direct from SD card.

I believe ICS is now available in Ireland.

HTH

Padster