Join now - be part of our community!

Customize (+) Icon

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
grimreaper111
Visitor

Customize (+) Icon

My customize (plus sign) icon is missing from the top right hand side of my desktop on my Sony Tablet S. I cannot find a way to get it back. Can you help?

Thank you in advance

Android Version 4.0.3

Message was edited by: grimreaper111

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grimreaper111
Visitor

This is the reply I got from Sony so the customize + sign has gone

'Thank you for contacting Sony with regard to the customization option on your Tablet. We would like to clarify that you can customize the home screens in the latest Android edition following the below:

·         To change the wallpaper tap and hold on the screen.

·         To add a widget open Apps and then hold on the application you would like to add to a home screen.

·         To add a widget, please open Apps and then click widgets on the top left corner. Tap and hold on the widget to add it to a home screen'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jfpart
Visitor

i am sure that since the ics update it no longer exists, and the new way to customise the home screens is to go into the apps/widgets pages and hold your fingers on the desired app/widget and it magically takes you to the home screens to place where you would like.

it is a shame because the + thing was great as you could throw apps onto any of the screens so would be good to have it back and have both methods of customising.

not much help i know but maybe Sony are listening.

grimreaper111
Visitor

Thanks for your reply jfpart.

I think you may be right. I have contacted Sony but as yet no reply. I also have 2 blank 'desktops' either side of my main desktop, the one with the icon shortcuts on it, making 5 in total and I can't find a way to remove the blank ones but 5 might be normal.

Thank you

Message was edited by: grimreaper111

grimreaper111
Visitor

This is the reply I got from Sony so the customize + sign has gone

'Thank you for contacting Sony with regard to the customization option on your Tablet. We would like to clarify that you can customize the home screens in the latest Android edition following the below:

·         To change the wallpaper tap and hold on the screen.

·         To add a widget open Apps and then hold on the application you would like to add to a home screen.

·         To add a widget, please open Apps and then click widgets on the top left corner. Tap and hold on the widget to add it to a home screen'