Join now - be part of our community!

Sony mdr 1000x repair dispute

profile.country.GB.title
Rachaelx182
Explorer

Sony mdr 1000x repair dispute

I have seen that there are lots of people who purchased this headset having the exact same issue with the bracket cracking. I have been told by the website I purchased it from that I have caused this by using it inappropriately which is not true. I have sent the headset back but they are saying I have to pay for repair Yet it seems that this is a known issue and other people have managed to get it repaired under warranty.  Can anyone assist me with how I can speak to Sony about this? 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Rachaelx182,

I understand this must be annoying. When it comes to damage, I do believe that if the headset has been working fine for quite a long time, then this would probably mean that it's been exposed to physical damage recently. It only makes sense that if the headset fails within the very early time of use, this could then indicate a manufacturing fault. Let us know for how long have you had your headset?

Vanilla_

WhyShouldYouKnow
Explorer

"Manufacturing fault" Well bose soundsport had a manufacturing fault too with the adhesive coming off. But it took like up to 7 months for people to notice it.