Join now - be part of our community!

request to add multiple pairings/switching device function to wh-1000xm3 headphone

Iron_Batman
Explorer

request to add multiple pairings/switching device function to wh-1000xm3 headphone

I was just delivered a pair of these headphone and found it frustrating to use. I have connected to my laptop during work to listen to music and making skype calls. I also need to take calls on my phone more than usual and found it is very frustrating and time consuming to deactive bluetooth on one device then connect to the other. 

I wonder why it would not connect to two devices at the same time or easily switching between two devices? QC35 would have this function long times ago and even cheaper headphone could support this function. If you are facing the same situation and feeling regreted to buy sony headphone, please support this post to send the message to Sony! I would love to support Sony products only if they would lisent to their customers. 

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
benfrain

I agree! There is already a thread on that.  Might be better to add your voice to that one: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/portable-audio/wh1000-xm3-phone-amp-laptop-switching/td-p/2565378

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Iron_Batman,

I see where you're coming from here. I've checked the user manual for the headset and can see that it actually supports the "Multipoint function" with specific devices. I couldn't see that it allows the function for a PC though. I'd suggest that you try to use the function with different devices to test if this is normal or not. The User Manual explains how to use it here: https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh1000xm3/v1/en/search/search.html?search=multipoint

Let us know your feedback.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
benfrain

It’s not just one for voice and one for music as described there. Surely it should be able to be connected to Mac and iPhone at the same time and listen to music from either without having to disconnect the Bluetooth?

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Iron_Batman,

I've checked the User manual once more, and although the headset supports Bluetooth connection with MAC computers in general, the Multi-point function seems to be only supported for the type of devices in the Guide. I'll try to pass this feedback on to Sony to consider.

Vanilla_