Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-W273 Not working since update 1.10

iansloya
New

NWZ-W273 Not working since update 1.10

Hello,

Since updating the firmware yesterday via Media Go on a Windows 7 laptop my walkman mp3 player is not working. When I turn it on the green light flashes a number of times (14/15) and there is a audible beep through the earphones about 5/6 times.

When I try to press any buttons nothing happens.  When I try to press the power button again the same thing happens.

I have tried resetting and was on live chat support to someone called samson who sent me a link to update the firmware again but nothing has worked.

Could it be that I am experiencing some functionality or error that someone else has seen and knows how to rectify?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
khalibar
Explorer

"baby"

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Khalibar

Thanks for taking the time to post a resolution that worked for you. 

However I dont understand what you mean about a baby picture?  Are you referring to your cartoon avatar?  If so, you can change your Avatar in your account settings for another one.

Cheers

johnnyzap

hi again i seem to have remedied my issue again i did multiple things

i used a pencil to push the hidden arm which when pushed in exposes the metal arms which raise to come into contact with the metal strip on the earphone which says 'sony' on

when the metal contacts pop up from the cradle i sprayed with servisol contact cleaner (available on ebay £4.50 or so) and brushed the metal contacts with a toothbrush  and really gave the unit a good dowsingin the servisol cleaner,i then left it for 30 minutes to let the contact cleaner dissapate

i also sprayed the headphone part and cleaned it again with a toothbrush i noticed there was a build up of gunk on it so thought maybe this was causing a bad contact so kept scrubbing til it was perfectly clean

after doing this i plugged the usb and repeatedly pushed and pulled off the 'sony' headphone on/off the cradle and it actually lit up and it showed up in 'my computer' there i reinstalled the software and followed the instructions closely i install media go software as well

since i have done this it has worked fine.i do find i have to push the usb in and out several time sometimes,

i have made a copy of all the files and will gladly send you them if you email me, this goes for anyone else having this annoying issue and wants to try the original files that comes with the device which unfortunately you cant access..very frustraing.

<Personal details removed by moderator>