Join now - be part of our community!

ICD-UX560 - Music on SX card is not showing on screen. Why?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Nevalti
Explorer

ICD-UX560 - Music on SX card is not showing on screen. Why?

MP3s copied from my PC to the MUSIC folder on the ICD-UX560 show up and play perfectly from the card via PC. The total file size on the card is identical to the total on the PC - i.e. a bit-perfect copy.

I can play any file of the card via the PC and via other MP3 players but not via the ICD-UX560.

The music is in 9 folders but only 2 of the folders show up on the ICD-UX560.Music on 125GB card in ICD-UX560.JPG

The 2 JAZZ & POP folders show up on the ICD-UX560 and play perfectly but nothing else shows. Why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Nevalti
Explorer

As nobody resonded, I will answer my own question by explaining how I overcame the problem.

All I had to do was format the sx card in the device rather than in the PC and create a new 'MUSIC' folder from within the device as well (in settings). Once that was done, I could create as many sub-folders and sub-sub-folders as I wanted.

A secondary problem was that the 128GB card was simply beyond the realistic capabilities of the ICD-UX560. With that large card installed, the device took 2 minutes.....yes, 2 MINUTES!!!!! to start up, presumably indexing the card each time. That obviously rendered it pretty well useless as a recorder so I installed a 32GB card instead and only put WAV files on the card. That way, there are only a fraction of the number of tracks to index and it now takes 'only' 10 seconds to start up. Still not ideal but just about an acceptable compromise.

The audio quality using WAV is just about detectably better than when using 320 MP3. The music has a slightly improved spaciousness and somehow seems more relaxed and relaxing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Nevalti
Explorer

As nobody resonded, I will answer my own question by explaining how I overcame the problem.

All I had to do was format the sx card in the device rather than in the PC and create a new 'MUSIC' folder from within the device as well (in settings). Once that was done, I could create as many sub-folders and sub-sub-folders as I wanted.

A secondary problem was that the 128GB card was simply beyond the realistic capabilities of the ICD-UX560. With that large card installed, the device took 2 minutes.....yes, 2 MINUTES!!!!! to start up, presumably indexing the card each time. That obviously rendered it pretty well useless as a recorder so I installed a 32GB card instead and only put WAV files on the card. That way, there are only a fraction of the number of tracks to index and it now takes 'only' 10 seconds to start up. Still not ideal but just about an acceptable compromise.

The audio quality using WAV is just about detectably better than when using 320 MP3. The music has a slightly improved spaciousness and somehow seems more relaxed and relaxing.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Nevalti ,

thank you for letting us know that you found a solution.

- Nic