Join now - be part of our community!

Failure to obtain devices security certificate...

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
DrTomatoes
Visitor

Failure to obtain devices security certificate...

Hi all,

I bought a Sony Mp3 player yesterday and I have been completely unsucessful in my attempts to sync my songs from Windows Media Player 11:smileycry:. The operating system I am using is windows vista. I keep getting the same horrible message when I try to sync. It is not possible to obtain device's certificate :angry: Any advice would be greatly apreciated:smileyhappy:

Dr Tomatoes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Drumzman
New

Hi All,

Not sure - but in the quick start guide for the NWZ-B153 it mentions that the device does not support content that has copyright protection.  Some music that you buy and download from the Internet (as opposed to music that you rip from your own CD collection for example) will have copyright protection so will probably not play.  To test this theory, if you can rip one of your own CDs (so you will not have any copyright on the file you create) and you can transfer it successfully without the same error message, then the copyright is probably what is preventing you transfer other music.

Hope this might be an explanation, if not a solution for the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dglass4321
Visitor

Dr Tomatoes,

I've had my NWZ-B153F player for four days now and I'm having the exact same problem but I am using Windows 7 and Media Player 12.  I've discovered that it seems to only happen with WMA files.  Is that what you experienced or was yours related to all files?  I saw the same issue posted at the Windows 7 webpage. 

The error message is "It is not possible to obtain the device's certificate.  Please contact the device manufacturer for a firmware update or for other steps to resolve this problem"

Have you found a solution?  Since this doesn’t seem to an isolated occurrence, I’m surprised that Sony has not addressed this issue.   Perhaps there is a sliding monetary value scale that determines what they support and what they don’t support!

If you found a solution, please let me know.  I'll post anyhting that I find.

mumta1969
Visitor

I've have just bought a  NWZ-B153F for my boyfriend, tried to copy an album to the mp3 player and it comes up with an error ' Failure to obtain device security'

Can anyone help? I am so annoyed as I can't find any solution to this problem.

Drumzman
New

Hi All,

Not sure - but in the quick start guide for the NWZ-B153 it mentions that the device does not support content that has copyright protection.  Some music that you buy and download from the Internet (as opposed to music that you rip from your own CD collection for example) will have copyright protection so will probably not play.  To test this theory, if you can rip one of your own CDs (so you will not have any copyright on the file you create) and you can transfer it successfully without the same error message, then the copyright is probably what is preventing you transfer other music.

Hope this might be an explanation, if not a solution for the issue.

polly2372
Visitor

I am having the same problem but im getting the message on my own cds aswell. Can anybody please help!!