Join now - be part of our community!

AN-61

SOLVED
profile.country.de_CH.title
Doerte01
Visitor

AN-61

Does anybody know how a Sony AN-61 Compact Antenna works? I have one, apparently old, but not used, and I don't know how to connect it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This odd little thing is used to get better short wave performance from  Sony world-band receivers (ICF, ICF-SW series), or any other small short  wave radio for that matter. The special fitting fits over the end of  the set’s rod antenna, then you reel out as much wire as you need and  then attach the clip on the end of the strap to something convenient  (curtain rail, tent pole, tree…).

OK so it’s just a glorified roll of wire but as ever with Sony it is  beautifully designed and made (and made in Japan too) and very effective  in difficult reception conditions.

AN-61.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.fr_BE.title
benste
Contributor

Well sorry for moving into the SE section of this forum, however I felt your topic would be totally wrong in the german Vaio section.

Just in case there is no one answering in this section, all manual could be found in here:

http://support.sony-europe.com/main/index.aspx?site=odw_de_DE

profile.country.de_CH.title
Doerte01
Visitor

...which is where I looked first. But the Compact Antenna is so old, its not in there. Thanky for moving my question, I had no idea how to get to the right one!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This odd little thing is used to get better short wave performance from  Sony world-band receivers (ICF, ICF-SW series), or any other small short  wave radio for that matter. The special fitting fits over the end of  the set’s rod antenna, then you reel out as much wire as you need and  then attach the clip on the end of the strap to something convenient  (curtain rail, tent pole, tree…).

OK so it’s just a glorified roll of wire but as ever with Sony it is  beautifully designed and made (and made in Japan too) and very effective  in difficult reception conditions.

AN-61.jpg

Wiggy54
New

Anybody know were I can buy one of these as my reception on AM is alwful The FM is not much better perhaps there is something wrong with radio as it is old and I bought it second hand. Is there a better one up to date version of the IFC 7600 I beleive they were made in the early 90s so probably not as good as up to date models.

I have one call <personal details removed by moderator> and we can discuss this. Thanks  Larry Eliachar

Sir I know it has been a while but I would like to know if you are still lookjng for the AN-61 Sony anttena? I have one and before I put it on eBay I thought I would ask you as I came across your post looking for one.Let me know if your interested or not.

Thank you, Larry Eliachar