Join now - be part of our community!

XL-301 Hardware Failure

jonboy9776
Visitor

XL-301 Hardware Failure

:slight_frown: Hi all, first thread so please bear with me.

I purchased my XL-301 a fortnight ago and like many of you connected it upto my KDL-40W2000.

Since then I've had the same problem as reported in many threads with the loss of tv signal when switching between tv sources, however a new problem has just emerged.

When powering up the PC a warbling beep instantly cuts in and the system does not even get as far as the VAIO screen. this is the second time it has occured, the first time was cured by disconnecting all cables, then pressing the power button for 20seconds, then reconnect power and hdmi and fire up. Unfortunately this time it seems a little more terminal!!!!

I've reported the fault and Sony are going to collect and repair it, I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as I don't really want to lose my pc for 10 days.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jonboy9776 and welcome.

Difficult to diagnose as it could be lots of things. I have a feeling it will be one for Sony.

I think you have a Phoenix BIOS - have a look here and see if you can recognise your 'warbling' Beep Code.

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/reference/biosb.htm

It does sound like a hardware/power supply failure of some sort but it may be worth checking and re-seating your memory modules as a poor connection can cause this error.

Have you tried inserting your System Recovery Disc and powering up to see if it will boot from a bootable disc to find out if you have a software/firmware boot error?

:thinking: